Chapter 37

It's four in the morning when I wake up. Harry is sleeping peacefully beside me. His hand is under me and is intertwined with my fingers. I get up, wear a t shirt and sit on the couch. I check my phone, it's been on vibrate all day. My eyes pop as I see 22 messages, 25 missed calls and a voicemail from my parents.

"Honey, talk to us. I know you are mad but we are your parents and always will be. You have to understand. You can't find your real parents. I know it's not what you want to hear right now but it's the truth. Just please come home and talk to us." my dads voice plays. It's sad and low. Tears fill my eyes as I hear the voicemail again.

I know it's near to impossible to find my real parents but I don't want to live with regret that I didn't even try. I cover my mouth to control my sobs. How can I go from having everything to having nothing? I still have a husband who is being so supportive at the moment. Who knows how long it's going to last.

"Good morning," Harry says, snapping me out. I quickly wipe my tears away. He sits besides me on the couch keeping an arm around me. He sits there silently with me rubbing my back as I sob into his chest.

"Tell me what are you thinking." he says after a while.

"I don't want to talk to my parents." I confess, "The fake ones."

"No one is forcing you, baby."

"I know, but...."

"Shh," he keeps his finger on my lips, "Don't think too much baby. And you gotta take care of your health please. You haven't been eating at all." I don't reply, I don't feel like talking.

"I'm proud of you baby." he kisses my forehead. I hug him tightly and close my eyes. They are burning. Harry rubs my temples, he tries his best to make me fall asleep again but I can't. Whenever I try to get up so that Harry can sleep he pulls me back. He doesn't even blink a eye for the next four hours until the sun rises. I feel guilty for torturing him like this.

"Do you have office today?" I ask him.

"Yes, do you want me to cancel?"

"I don't know." I say. If I say yes he would miss work, maybe something important too but he didn't sleep properly, it would be too much exertion.

"Hey, hey, I'll stay. Don't think too much."

"Are there any important meetings?"

"No." he kisses my forehead and gets up. He goes into the washroom. I also get up and look outside the window. I wish we had a balcony in Harry's room. The idea of a new house where Harry and I had individual rooms by ourselves comes to my mind. I don't know if he still has that on his mind. I have been so busy with my own life I don't know what's going on with him at all.

After a while the door opens and Harry enters the room shirtless with a towel around his neck and boxers. I too take a long refreshing shower and get dressed into loose t shirt and shorts. When I come out Harry has fallen asleep. I sit beside him and brush his hair. He moves down to my lap. I pick my novel and read it.

He wakes up after two hours until then I am almost at the ending. Harry's phone rings and I curse.

"Good morning," he says, "Who is this? Oh Will! Hey!" he lights up. I jump and sit straight, "Do you have any updates? Oh! That's great! Yes! We'll be right there." he hangs up.

"What?!" I ask him.

"He found something!" he smiles, "Come on let's go." he offers me his hand. I take it and get up.

"Gemma! We are going out!" he yells from the stairs. Within ten minutes we reach Will's house. I rush inside and reach Will's room.

"Come on in, kiddo!" He says excitedly.