Chapter 1

April's POV

Some nights are meant to be crazy and this is one of those nights. I jump and sway my hips as I dance on the deafening music. My friends pull me out of the dance floor and we move towards the bar again. I catch my breath and watch my friends talking non-sense. My face burning from sweat and my throat from alcohol.

"Alright, April!" Zack says to me, "Let's add some more fun to the night shall we?" he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Of course I am totally ready!" I stumble as I sit on the bar stool.

"Okay then, I dare you to kiss the next man who walks out of that door!" he challenges me.

"Alright! I can do it!" I gulp down the tequila.

"That is so ridiculous I love it!" Amy laughs.

"Yep!" I giggle. I gulp down two more shorts of tequila. The door opens and I pace towards it. I position myself in front of the door as a tall, handsome boy enter in. I approach him and he looks at me.

"Hi?" he confusingly says. I pace closer to him and then connect my lips with his. He doesn't kiss me back, which was pretty obvious but I take the opportunity to fully savor the stranger's lips. When I pull away he stares down at me with widened eyes. I smirk at him and walk away.

"How daring was that?!" I yell over the music and everyone claps for me. "Thank you, thank you!"

I still feel is lips on mine. Those were good lips, I giggle to myself. I look back at the door hoping to find the guy there but he was gone. We go back to the dance floor jumping up and down in no rhythm.

Later that night someone carried me home, maybe Zack or Amy.
I wake up to a really bad headache. I throw myself into the bathroom and then go to the breakfast table. My mom and dad both took off to their office and now I am alone. Well, as usual. They are never really around. Underneath my plate my mom left a note stating that dad's office party is at eight and I have to go. No!! I really don't want to!!
I spend the rest of the day chilling out and sending my essay to universities for post graduation.

Finally, my parents return home in the evening around 7:30 arguing over something. I quickly leave everything and go in the living room.

"What's going on?" I ask them. They smile as soon as they see me.

"Oh nothing at all sweetie!" my mom says, "Some business matter."

"Are you sure?" I look at her suspiciously.

"Yes, baby girl! Now, go get dressed, we need to leave!" my dad says.

"Okay! And please dad stop calling me baby girl!" I groan while he laughs.

I go inside my room to get dressed. I open my closet and look through the dresses. Well... Dad's office parties mainly consist of bitches showing off their father's money. So, I have to wear something good too, to maintain my dad's reputation. I get dressed into a silver gown and gray heels. I decide to leave my hair open.

When I get out of my room, my parents are already waiting in the living room, discussing something. There is something going on between them. We drive to the place where the party was. The hall was packed with people. There's no one I know.

"April, honey come over here!" my mom calls out to me. Oh no! Why can't my mother leave me alone and let me enjoy the party in a quiet corner? I see people dancing intimately with their boyfriends and girlfriends, making me jealous. I wish I had someone I could share this party with. I sigh and walk towards my mother.

"Anne, this is my daughter, April Grey!" she introduced me to a woman as old as she was. Yeah, I think I have seen her. Robin is my dad's good friend and a business competitor. Mostly a competitor.