chapter 7

April's POV

After a long exhausting day at the beach, we reach the hotel in the evening. I'm so tired, I think my legs will crumble into pieces. At the beach I met a group of French people and played volleyball with them for hours. I hear a growl coming from my stomach. 

"I know baby, we need food." I whisper to my stomach in the empty elevator. I don't know where Harry is. We reached the hotel together, but I lost track of him once we entered it. I think I'm getting used to his ignorance. Well, as they say, ignorance is bliss. It's also somewhat the key to boredom. I thought Harry and I could at least be friends. But no, this arrogant boy has to remain in his ego. 

The elevator stops on the third floor and I see Harry and some other people climb on. Harry stands next to me, maintaining a considerable distance as usual. But it's a good thing, of course. After a minute, I could feel a gaze on me, it was not Harry for sure. A man, who appeared to be quite older than me was staring at me. I look down and realize that my top was very loose and kinda see through. Shit! I should have changed into the clothes in which I went to the beach. Ours is the top floor, so the man has plenty of time to enjoy the show. Anger raised inside me. I wanted to punch him in the face. Douche bag! 

I did the most sensible thing I could think of. I took some steps back, so that Harry blocked his sight. Harry turned and looked at me then he looked in front again. God, dumbo! Look he is staring at me! Okay, this is super uncomfortable. When we reach the next floor, most of the people leave and I see Harry take a step back and hold me really close to him. 

"Hug me, now!" he leans and whispers in my ear. I do as I am told and put my arms around him. He makes me take a step back so that we are both confined in the corner. I look up slightly and see that the old man presses the button of the next floor. I sigh a relief and bury my head in Harry's shoulder. As soon as the door opens, the man moves out and Harry releases me. 

"T-thank you very much, Harry." I say to him. He says nothing.

"You know, I didn't expect that you will notice him." I continue, "He made me so uncomfortable." Still, no reply came from him. He is like a superhero who only speaks when you are in danger. Well, whom am I comparing him to! He is nowhere near a superhero. We finally reach our floor and I rush into our- my room. 

"Will you eat anything?" I ask Harry as I open the menu card. 

"Order whatever you like." he said as he took off his shoes. He lets out a deep sigh and then throws himself on the bed. Must be tired. I order the food. 

I enter the washroom and change into pajamas and t shirt. When I come out I find Harry sleeping peacefully on the bed. I hear a knock on the door. Ahh, my love is here!! Food!! The room service boy situates the food tray on the table. I turn around to wake Harry but he was sound asleep. 

"Harry," I shake him slightly. He turns in his sleep but doesn't wake up, "Harry, get up, food is here. Eat something then you can go back to sleep." It's like talking to a wall. I roll my eyes and try once more. After another try I decide to let him sleep. But he looked so uncomfortable. Should I do something? I try to push him up the bed but he is too damn heavy. So I lift his legs and lay him down properly on the bed. Then I cover him with the blanket. 

I switch on the TV on a low volume, careful not to disturb his sleep and eat my food. After eating I throw myself on the couch and watch TV. 

I wake up to someone shaking me. It's David. 

"Wake up, April." he smiles at me, "Good morning!"

"Morning!" I smile back sleepily. 

"Wanna go for site seeing, today?" he asks me.