chapter 3

Three weeks before the wedding... 

I keep thinking about what happened in the past few days. Everyone around me is so excited, it makes me more and more frustrated. But I keep reminding myself it's for the sake of my parents. Harry's mom and sister have been really supportive of me. Harry, on the other hand does not even look at me. But that is absolutely fine by me because I can't take the hate in his eyes for me. I turn towards the beautiful morning, sipping the coffee in my cup, wiping the tears off my eyes.

"It's going to be okay." I whisper to myself. Gemma told me he broke up with Kendall as soon as everything got final. I feel so bad. So, so bad. I am the reason Harry broke up with Kendall. I am the reason why all this is happening.

I get out of the shower and get dressed into a short dress. In 15 minutes or so, Gemma will come to pick me. We are supposed to pick out the dress today. I call Amy as well, who is in town for a couple of days. I told her the truth first chance I got. She was speechless and suggested I should run away which makes me want to do it really.

"April!" my mom hollered, "Gemma and Amy are here."

We drive to the dress store. After trial of 15-20 extraordinarily beautiful dresses, we all agree upon the last dress that I wear. Then, Gemma planned to take us to another store to pick out a dress for rehearsal dinner. Arghh!! Can't we just get it over with!! Amy looks at me, reading my mind.

"Umm, can we do the rehearsal dress tomorrow?" Amy suggests. Gemma looks at her then me. She stops the car in the side of the road and turns back to me.

"I know this is all absurd. What I suggest is that we just get it over with as soon as possible because the dinner is in a couple of weeks, don't you think?"

"You are right." I say. We go to another shop and buy the first dress we find reasonably good. It was Amy's choice so I trust it completely.

We drop Amy at her house and I thought we would go to my house next but she turns towards Harry's house.

"Uh- why are we driving to your house?" I ask Gemma.

"Oh because my mum wants to show you some things. Regarding the venue and all."

"Gemma, how's Harry doing?"

"Honestly, not okay at all. He stays in his room most of the time. Even if his friends try to cheer him, he is angry most of the time. He is not talking to Robin. At first he didn't talk to mom as well, but my mom is his weakness so he couldn't stay mad at her for long. But I don't think, things between him and Robin will be okay soon."

I look down and try to distract myself. This is all too much for me.

"Hey, don't worry!" Gemma says, "He is stupid, not understanding that you are as disturbed as he is. He'll come around alright. Don't you worry, okay?" I nod my head slightly.

We reach Harry's house and enter inside. Anne greets us. She is always so chirpy and happy it feels good to meet her. A smile automatically appears on the face seeing her.

"April why don't you go call Harry? We will discuss everything together."

"Me?"

"Yes sweetheart. Go." she smiles. Hesitantly I climb the stairs to Harry's room. Maybe he will kill me as soon as he sees me. For a situation like this, that would be better. I stand in front of his door and knock.

"Who is it?" He asked from inside. For some reason, my mouth went dry and I couldn't speak.

"Who is it?" He repeated. I could hear footsteps approaching the door and my heart raced thousand miles a minute. The door opens and I shut my eyes.