36: What are We?

"What do you mean?" Alyssa asked, her mouth going dry. No way could Jason connect the pieces. It was a puzzle, and no outsider - someone who did not know of Fiona Magellan's past, should be able to connect the dots. Or so Alyssa had thought ... because if her calculations were correct, when Fiona was still with Ander, she wasn't famous. The media didn't surround her like bees. And ever since she became famous, she had done a good job of keeping her privacy.

Jason shook his head in a rocking manner. "You're sixteen, right?"

"Yes," Alyssa said, confused. Where was he going with that?

Jason's lips turned down in a frown, but he did not say anything. He turned to Alyssa, trying to force a smile. "Now that I come to think of it, you do share your icy eyes with Karson."

"Bam. Is that what you are so sad about?" Alyssa asked, perching on the window sill.

Jason curled his fingers around her hand, bringing it up to his jaws. He rubbed circles on it with his thumb. "Me, sad? No, I'm freaking ecstatic. I'm in an euphoria where I don't know what to do."

Alyssa smiled at his answer. "I know that I just want to get to know you better. And I mean, you for real. Not the arrogant prick I thought you were."

"Ah, trust me, thinking that way is better than coming to know me better. You'd be disappointed," he said, with a dry expression on his face.

"Hey, you don't look that boring."

"I don't mean that kind of disappointment. I mean, you'd hate me," he said, burying his face into the crook of her neck. Alyssa had a vague feeling it was not so much because of his touchiness than because he wanted to hide whatever expression could have been visible on his face.

"Now, that is just your anti-social thoughts kicking in," she said lightly, trying to diffuse the serious atmosphere.

"Hm ... anti-social, huh? That's what they said..." Jason mumbled.

"Who? Your other friends?"

Jason shrugged. "Yeah, you could say that," he said vaguely.

For some time, there was an uncomfortable silence. Neither knew what to say but both yearned to converse.

"Say, how long have we been here?" Alyssa asked suddenly.

"I heard the bell ring once around ten minutes ago." Jason pulled out his phone to verify. "Its almost 1 p.m."

"What if we get caught?"

"We don't," he drawled, shaking his head with a playfully superior air. "This is one of the few classes reserved for after school extra-curriculars. Normal students like you wouldn't know that."

Alyssa rolled her eyes, before her thoughts went back to their situation. After some hesitation, she finally asked, "What are we now?"

Jason let go of Alyssa's hand, slightly grimacing. "I don't know. I keep telling myself that it's better to get over you, to let you go, and I keep failing. You deserve so much more, Alyssa, and not a messed up guy like me. But I fail to let you go. I want so much with you, but I'm so scared to lose you."

His lips turned down in a frown, as he again buried his face on her neck.

A/N:- Can I get a Jason? XD

Anyway, vote/comment your thoughts!

Do u think Alyssa and Jasooon have become a 'thing'?