32: Revealing

Karson's phone rang out at that very moment. He sighed loudly, while muttering a dry, "You've got to be kidding me. Not again!" He then turned towards Alyssa and told her, "Just a moment and then we'll talk."

He put the phone to his ears, muttering, "What now?! Yeah, I know! You reminded me numerous times already! - Apparently, today. It's been months since I came here. Okay, I know you're worried and all, but trust me. You're in freaking New York, while I'm the one here, okay? Bye."

He heaved a sigh of relief, his face contorted. "Mom worries so much, I feel like I'm going to combust with all her worries. Anyway, Alyssa, care to step out for a moment?" he asked, trying to force a big smile on his face, but that didn't manage to hide his nervousness.

"Sure," Alyssa said, following him out of the canteen, and internally praying for her to not face any more embarrassment.

When they were safely away from the crowd, Karson stopped. He buried his hands into his pockets, nervously clenching and un-clenching his jaws. "So basically..."

While he was busy steadying himself, Alyssa was looking around the ground. Suddenly, her eyes drifted to a window in the fourth floor, where she could see a silhouette of a tall figure standing. And she fell shivers running down her body. It was Jason.

He was leaning on the window, his posture drooping. He looked miserable.

Alyssa's heart clenched. She felt invisible arms push her woards the school, towards him. She wanted to comfort him. To hold him.

"Karson, can we talk later?"

"What... why?" he looked surprised. But then his eyes followed her line of sight, and soon, his lips turned down with a disappointed frown. "You're got to be kidding me. No, Alyssa. We need to talk now. But we can go somewhere else if you want."

Alyssa pursed her lips. "No, I'm okay here."

She might've as well gotten over with it soon, and keep and eye on Jason. Gee, she felt like a stalker, but how long would he keep standing there?

Karson began, and to Alyssa, his voice sounded strange, as if coming from a faraway land. "So, in simple terms, I'm your brother."

Yes, that's what he said, and that's what made Alyssa swivel towards him in shock and confusion. He had to be lying, hadn't he?

A/N: Short sorry, but the next one's gonna be longer!

Tell me your thoughts?

Btw, good news! I just gave my name for the Mathematics, and Enlish olympiad. Bad news: It'll make me damn busy with preps. *cries* Damn it... Lol