23: He Figured Out?

Brodey had showed Alyssa an underground level room he had bought, and was working on. He wanted to build it into his personal office. It was, to his pleasure, right under a snacks shop too. He'd bought it alongside.

When he finally dropped her at the hostel after their long rendezvous, Alyssa didn't know what to make of his blooming feelings for 'Majorica Brown'.

Alyssa wasn't sure if this was the same Majorica as the dead Tanya's sister, but Brodey's descriptions sure were accurate. The probability of there being two people, with the same name, same appearance, and buying the same flowers her sister adored, were little.

But if this was, indeed, the same Majorica, who was still in her mourning phase, Alyssa had to say – her bearing abilities were great.

It was 7 PM at night when Alyssa reached home. Amiya and Tarlos were still awake, of course. They stared at her warily and then tentatively asked, "Did you see her?"

They were probably wondering how she was holding up. But they didn't know... despite the old wounds threatening to open, Alyssa's old pain was slowly getting subdued by the overpowering, recent happenings. And she was finally moving on. Step by step. 

"Yes," Alyssa replied, clenching her fists tightly. "The funeral will be held the day after tomorrow."

For Tanya Brown, one year their junior, yet the sweetest and the most popular Queen in Dilbert.

***

The next day, Alyssa took her usual seat beside the window with her Chemistry book unceremoniously dumped under the desk. Usually, Jaden sat beside her, but after a few moments, it wasn't him, but Karson, who joined her that day.

"Good. We can't have you breaking again... after all that you have been through," he said vaguely. 

Alyssa stared at him in shock. "Excuse me?" she asked.

He glanced at her and winced. As if he was regretting what he had said. His eyes widened in fear and ... hurt? And regret. "Forget it."

"How?" Alyssa was still in a shock.

He merely shook his head. Just as their teacher entered the class. Alyssa lowered her head as she saw Karson do it, too. Then he persistently ignored her, even when she poked him to get his attention.

While Alyssa was trying to sort through all the emotions and questions tangled up in her mind, she saw Jason and Jaden enter the class. 

Miss Lily frowned at them. "You are fifteen minutes late!"

Jason didn't even bother replying. His face wore the same dead expression it mostly wore. But Jaden's reaction was the exact opposite. He smiled brightly and said, "Oh hello, ma'am! Sorry, our cars broke down."

Miss. Lily glared at him. "And I'm to suppose both of your cars broke down at the same time?"

"Ah, exactly!" His smile only brightened more. "You know, the heavenly bond between dear friends. Jason's car must've broken down so mine had to do too."

Alyssa looked at Jason. He looked like he was trying his best not to retort back at Miss. Lily. Because if he did, it would damage his already spoilt reputation with the teachers, and that would harm his grades more. And after this father's threat...

At that moment, his eyes slid to hers. His dark gaze bore into her and then, his eyes shifted to Karson. He stared at him for a few seconds before blinking and turning away. 

Miss. Lily bade them to go to their seats.

Alyssa remembered back when he had literally kicked her out of his music rom. "Great", she thought sarcastically. "I have that crappy history class just after this period."

A/N:- Ooo la la. History class after this, and something interesting is gonna happen. Any theories?

Vote/comment!

Tell me your thoughts. How was it?