18: Suspects

Alyssa couldn't believe this. She was a suspect too. Only three people had gone in before her - Majorica, Lyra and Mark. Who would've suspected her from among them?

She hadn't even been in that room when Tanya had been killed. She'd been with Kason. So someone must've thought she'd done it and then gone off. But if that was a reason to suspect her, then it must mean that Karson was a suspect, too. 

Alyssa shook her head. Did Mr. Moyer really believe she would commit a murder, even after knowing her history?! Or would he think she was mentally unstable enough to do it? After all, he'd said so himself that she hadn't moved on yet.

But even in the most unstable of times, Alyssa could differentiate between right and wrong, and she certainly had not killed Tanya.

Goodness, she had to talk to Brodey as soon as possible.

While Alyssa was thinking, Basil woke up. And her first question was, "Where's Parker?"

"In there," Alyssa said, pointing towards the room where the detective was questioning them and somewhat spooking them out.

"Oh. And is he done with you?"

Alyssa nodded. 

Basil seemed hesitant for a while, before she finally spoke up. "Who do you think did it?" she whispered quietly. Speaking about this loudly didn't feel safe at all...

Alyssa looked at Basil as if she could figure out the answer from her friend's face. But all she could say was, "I really have no idea."

It was almost eight in the morning. Amiya and Tarlos were probably awake and wondering if her sleepover had gone well, and why she wasn't back yet. Or Perhaps, Parker had already informed them, too. 

She picked up her phone. Five missed calls from Tarlos, three from Mia, six from Jaden, and two from Jason. Alyssa started calling them one by one, as they attacked her with questions. Thankfully, her friends didn't say the - "I told you not to go" - dialogue. 

By the time she finished calling Jaden, who, thankfully, didn't ask for details, Parker had come out, looking rather angry. He had probably been informed that he was a suspect, too... 

Then, Basil was called in.

"Keep together," Alyssa whispered to her.

Parker sat down and informed her that he had already called Jason, since his house was the closest, and he would come to pick them up. "Then we're leaving this miserable place as soon as Basil and Karson are done. God forbid I should've come here in the first place!"

Alyssa felt bad for Majorica. Maybe she should go and check on her? She'd lost her sister, after all.

Parker, as if reading her mind, said, "Don't worry about her. She's upstairs with Eliza."

Oh well.

"By the way, "Alyssa said, suddenly remembering something that had been nagging her mind since a long time. "How well do you know the new guy, Karson?"

"He's a good boy and you know that, Alyssa. He's such good friends with us. I hope you aren't suspecting him?" he asked in a worried tone.

"Not at all," Alyssa whispered, as Karson's phone rang yet again, and he left that room. Alyssa shook her head. It was probably his worried parents or something...

A/N:- Sooo... weird, isn't it? Who do you think did it?!

Why do you think Karson's phone kept ringing every freaking minute?

Vote/comment if you like! Thank youuu for reading!