Chapter 1

"Bianca baby I need you to run!" My mom is right behind me and even though she's whispering I can hear the fear in her voice loud and clear.

Something's not right, something is very very wrong.

The room is dark, the only light shining from the full moon sitting outside my window.

"Bianca get up and go out the window."

I'm frozen to my bed because I don't believe that I heard her right. That is a long drop, I'd break my ankle trying that.

"Bianca" she hisses and drags me off the bed silently.

She holds my face in her hand and I can see the tears falling now. Oh God, what's happening?

"Baby I love you so much, but I need you to run, run as fast as you can, go to the police station tell sheriff Riley that he's back and to hurry!"

"Mom what's-"

"GO BIANCA."

I don't hesitate to jump up at the urgency in my moms words and now I don't want to leave because I realize that my moms just told me that someone is in the house and we are in danger.

I can't leave her here alone.

"Bianca please."

Her voice breaks and suddenly I'm out the window and it's not until I hit the ground that I realize one) my mother is in terrible danger and two) she just threw me out of a window.

How the hell did she throw me out of a window?

How did she even pick me up?

But then I hear glass break and suddenly I'm running, like really running, faster than I've ever run in my life.

My mind is whirling and I kind of want to pass out but then I remember my moms face and my speed picks up.

I don't know how but when I check my watch it's ten minutes past when I last checked it and somehow I'm standing in sheriff Riley's office.

He's now speaking to ten different guys who are preparing to leave and someones in front of me trying to get me to speak, but I can't because I'm busy trying to figure out why the hell I didn't have to catch my breath.

"Bianca are you okay?" Riley asks again and this time everything that's happening registers. I look up at him and I can feel the tears about to fall.

"Bianca the whole packs gone over to your house they won't let him hurt her."

I look at him funny and then he wrinkles his eyebrows "she didn't tell you-"

"Riley!" I hear from the door and then someone busts in and my mom is in his arms.

I should say what was left of her.

She was beaten badly and If I didn't see her strawberry blonde hair I probably would've thought it was some other woman.

But I know it's her and that's when everything goes black.

"MOM!" I jolt up in my bed and my door slams open for the twentieth time this week.

"Sweetie calm down Bianca calm down it's okay."

But now I'm crying again and she's smoothing my hair trying to make it better but it never gets better.

Every night, I have the dream, wake up screaming and make my aunt late for work because she has to help me stop crying.

The guilt only adds to my sleepless nights.

"Tomorrow's a new beginning B, you'll see, a new town, a new school, new people it'll be okay."

I want to believe her, so much, but I can't. I can't believe that a new school will take away all of my old memories or that it'll make things okay.

I cling onto her arm and try to force myself to stop crying because she went to bed late and I know she's tired, and tomorrow will be a long day for both of us.

"Aunt Brenda I'm okay, really you can go to sleep." I say after I'm only crying half as maniacally.

"B, I'm here for you no matter what okay?, if that means a couple sleepless nights then so be it, but my offer for mr. Jensen still stands if you want it."

Mr. Jensen is a shrink that my aunts been to a couple times and has been trying to get me to go see since I got here.

But I refuse, a shrink means talking and I don't want to talk to anyone right now.

"No thank you." I say politely and she sighs "alright well I'll be right here, you just try to get some sleep."

And I do, I really try.

It just doesn't work.

The next morning I wake up to find my aunt snoring beside me. I figure I'll get dressed first and then wake her, she deserves a few more minutes.

I go to the bathroom, shower and then take my time getting dressed, I really don't want to go today, but I'm trying To please my aunt, make this easier for at least one of us.

"Aunt Brenda come on, I need you to drop me off." I say gently shaking her.

"Why Mr. Hoechlin"

I chuckle and shake her harder, she jolts up and I chuckle again, "I'll be waiting in the car.

She huffs and I make my way to the car, grabbing a pop tart along the way.

"Alright" aunt Brenda says as we pull up in front of the school "do you need me to come in with you?"

I look at the school and shake my head "no I should be fine, thanks for the ride, love you."

I jump out before she can start the lecture I know I'm about To get. The one about making friends and having a good day and new starts. I only give her time to wave and yell "have a good day" before I'm inside the school.

I walk through the hallways trying my hardest to find the office.

"Hey." A small girl with strawberry blonde hair that kind of reminds me of my moms jumps in front of me and smiles.

"New girl right?"

"Yes I'm looking for th-"

"Office? I know come with me." She laces her arm with mine and leads me to the office, I'm guessing.

She speaks with the woman behind the desk as if she owns the building "what's your name again?" She asks completely polite but dominate at the same time.

"Bianca landson"

She looks back at the lady behind the desk and smiles "mom can I get her schedule, please and thank you."

The lady smiles and hands my schedule to her daughter.

Then she turns to me and smiles brightly "Lydia here will be showing you around school if that's okay with you."

"Sure" I say adjusting my bag.

We make our way to the door and step out into the hallway "oh and Bianca" Lydia's mom says.

"Yes?"

"Welcome to beacon hills, you'll love it here."