Reasons to Continue

I stopped keeping myself up at night to think and reflect and wonder because who really cares if I understand the meaning of the universe? We're all gonna fucking die. All it is is I'm trying to accept this fact. You sleep to wake up. You wake up to go to school. You go to school to come home. You come home to supposedly so what sets you apart from the others, your hobbies, then go to sleep. And this keeps happening, this moving cycle that inches toward the finish line until we graduate. Then it's the same thing, only in a different place. And then we work to gain capital, and we gain capital for our families, and we create a family and support them to help them succeed. And we want them to grow and succeed because maybe if their life is even slightly better, even a tiny bit easier than yours was, maybe that is your contribution to the world. Passing the torch -- and therefore the responsibility of finally reaching the peak of satisfaction, awareness, and capitalism -- to your offspring. Because if you die without making some kind of mark on the world, you've lived and died for nothing. You've spent years and years and years suffering all to get lowered six feet into the earth or to burn and spread into the ocean or some corny shit like that. I bet there are so many human remains in the ocean. And then you're forgotten. You're more dirt than the dirt itself because at least the earth is beautiful and provides for us. Your bones themselves are nothing more than a hindrance.

This isn't about finding the reason for humanity's existence. And even though I'm pretending this isn't just another angsty, depressed teenager's fake-woke thoughts, they are. Because in the end, aren't we just trying to wrap our heads around the intricate insanity that is everything? Aren't we all grasping at straws for reasons to continue? A family? Do you think that really matters? The world is overpopulated as it is. And if you think about it, that's why you're here in the first place. Your parents failed to fill the void in their ass and wanted you to be better. They failed and wanted to live a better life through you. A reset button, with an advantage.