Frustrating

"It-it's frustrating! You have no idea how hard I had to work to get to where I am now. No idea how many hours I spent laboring away, wasting my time on things I knew didn't matter but I needed to do. Not because I'm thorough or a perfectionist but because I'm not like you. I can't just walk into class knowing fully well that I'm the smartest one in the room, because you're always there. You can do everything that I can, twice as well, in half the time. Everything I do, every second that I pour into my work is wasted because it's stuck in your shadow. I'm stuck in your shadow. God, I know, I know, I know, you probably work your ass off too. It's unfair for me to assume that you don't, but I think both of us know that in the time that I'm studying for a stupid quiz that you can pass in the blink of an eye, you're sitting on your bedroom floor, playing video games with your friends. And if there's one thing I understand, it's how that feels. I used to be like you. I used to have all the answers to questions that I didn't know I had the answer to. You could be good, but as long as there's someone better, it doesn't matter. None of this matters. At least--at the very least--tell me that everything I've built up until now wasn't for nothing.

"Yeah. I know you can't."