Ch.4. Not-so-great meeting

Magsimula sa umpisa

You'll have to do buy some clothes tomorrow, at least a few outfits for the week. You snuggled closer to your covers, a content sigh escaping your lips.

The soft cracks of magic made you open your eyes, not surprised to see Stretch without his orange pullover.

"hey." He greeted, pulling the covers off of you and climbed into the bed, wrapping an arm around your shoulders and pulled you close.

You hummed in greeting, snuggling closer to the hum of his soul. It would've been like the other nights. If it weren't for the fact that you were out of your universe and in a room that resembled yours with a few added features.

Blue was missing, too.

"what do you think of all this?" Papyrus asked. You decided to address them their real names when the others aren't around, it'll be less confusing and you wouldn't feel like you're distancing yourself.

Opening your eyes, you blinked and closed them once more. "I don't know..."

"bullshit, y/n." Papyrus sighed, rubbing your shoulder. "i know you. you don't take things like this that well. hell, when i told you about the kid and the past timelines, it took a full week until you came back around."

You balled your fist, wrinkling his white shirt as you remembered the shock and absolute doubt. Stretch told you that the two of you had actually met during a few timelines. It was very confusing and scary to think about a 15 year old kid could have that much power to bend time at their will.

Chara was a good kid. Frisk.. you didn't know who that was, but the way Papyrus had described them made you want to cast them away.

"They...aren't bad. Even the fell brothers, they're just alternate versions of you and Sans, right?" You asked, unclenching your fist and smoothed out the white fabric.

Something rugged at your chest. A odd fear of falling asleep.

"i... y/n. that might be true, but you should keep in mind that their worlds are different than ours. we don't know how humans are in this world, they could be hateful and more aggressive than ours...i..doubt the fell brothers ever made it out of the underground..." he muttered, tracing soft circles on your clothed shoulder. "with the way red acted when he saw you... that look of defeat.." he trailed.

You swallowed thickly, knowing where he was going with his sentence. Lightly tapping his collar bone, you lifted your head to look at him. "Genocide timeline."

He barely flinched. Instead, he avoided your look and gently placed your head on his shoulder.

You couldn't begin to imagine how much pain he went through each genocide timeline. To watch his friends dust away by the hands of a kid, you couldn't relate if you ever saw someone murder someone close to you, only to have them return the same the next day as if their deaths never happened.

"We can't make any assumptions on them." You spoke softly. Going back to gently tap his collar bone, knowing that the small gesture helps calm him down. "They may have came to the surface.. you heard what Red said. 'Y/n, you came too?'"

Papyrus's chest vibrated as he chuckled, laughing softly at your attempts at a deep Brooklyn accent. You flushed softly but didn't say anything.

"Sans and Red looks like they retain their memories from each timelines, like you. So there is a chance he thought it was a reset."

Papyrus slipped his other arm around you, pulling you into a tight hug. He breathed in your scent with a deep inhale and a loud exhale. "i'm so glad that i have you, at least." so I won't feel alone with each reset. You're the only one I can talk too without repeating my words. was what he meant to say, but decided against it.