Asking Archie

So while Jess was doing wedding planning she found a way to ask Archie something very important. She put a beautiful slideshow from their friendship to siblings and Jughead teared up knowing that Arch would be honored. On his birthday, Mary had a simple dinner and cake and it was very quiet. Archie wasn't up for anything for gifts, but there was one on a cd in his room and he watched it with mom as Jess was on her way home from PT and she was exhausted.

The song she showed was Christina Aguilera I Turn to You and Mary teared up knowing Fred truly would be proud of their sibling relationship today.

At the end of the slideshow she wrote.

Archie, you have been there for me from day one and I couldn't have imagine my life without you. Of course Dad has brought us together tight knit as siblings.  I know I have been thinking as I know that Dad wouldn't be able to give me away but Brother, would you take his place to give me away? I can't imagine not having you at my side on our wedding day and dancing with you at our wedding reception. I know both of our dads would be beside us throughout the day and night.

I love you, Arch. Happy Birthday!

Love,

Jess

Archie tearfully was speechless.

Jess came home in time smiling at his reaction.

"So Bro will you?"

Archie walked over and hugged her as he sobbed and asked.

"What about your Grandma or Uncle John?"

Jess said.

"I thought about it and she said that it whatever my heart feels and I knew I wanted a piece of both of my dad and mom so you, John and Grandma in honor of our Dad's and my mom. So you three will give me away, but I want to dance with you for the father daughter dance."

Archie hugged her as he sobbed.

"I'm honored."

Archie said.

"You hungry?"

Jess said.

"Did you make a wish?"

As she eyed on the cake.

Mary brought over the cake and lid the candle as they sang happy birthday and he blew the candle as Mary asked.

"What did you wished for?"

Archie admitted.

"What wish? It came true!"

Jess smiled as she eat her cake.

"I know it your birthday first one without dad and knowing that you would not want anything but I did that for you."

He kissed her forehead. Then he said.

"I have a surprise for you."

Jess was confused as Mary record it on her cell for Jughead, Marie, her grandma and all of the bridesmaids as they were in on the secret. He brought Veronica in and there was a box that reads Kleinfields from her favorite show Say Yes to the Dress!

Speechless Jessica said.

"What did you two do? Archie this is your day! What did y'all do?"

Archie encourage her to open the box. She opened the box and the letter reads.

Dear Jess,

Your brother,  Archie wrote us a letter about your original wedding gown being damaged and we at Kleinfelds would like to accommodate you for a special shopping experience with us!

Your appointment will be next week on Sunday July 14, 2019 at 3 pm

We can't wait to accommodate you!

Randy

Jess was speechless as the weight of the world had been lifted as Archie hear her cry tears of joy knowing that she took a break from going dress shopping ever since Fred had passed. She admitted to Archie when he did passed was.

A dress can be replaced, but not your dad.

That quote stayed with him month and months.

He hugged her and said.

"When I heard about your day initially when Dad passed, I felt bad for you as you described what your day was like. Once you got to the dress, my heart dropped as you mentioned that the shop where you brought the gown had destroyed it. I was so angry and upset knowing how excited you were when you had called dad and I saying that you found the dress!"

Jess said feeling down.

"Daddy won't receive the call when I find it."

Archie said.

"You can call me, I will cheer you on! Best birthday ever since this was my real wish for you."