Losing the baby

So the checkup has been going very well up until 20 weeks and Jess was feeling stress and anxiety for exams but she was determined to stay calm throughout her stress. What made it difficult to stay calm under stress was the anniversary of Josh showing up in Riverdale 20 years ago and Betty still feels so bad about that every year because not of the reason why she did it, it was because of the pain Jess had gone through before and how she brought it all back. When Jess told the story, Betty envisioned the horror but after seeing when Josh truly showed up and couple times after that, it made her so guilty she carried the burden after all the years and jughead was right she did broken his heart and hurt him so bad.

At the next checkup the doctor could not find a heartbeat and gently said to Jess.

"There's no heartbeat. I'm sorry, Jessica."

The doctor leaves as Jessica just sat at the office and Mary hugged Jessica as she broken down.

"How am I going to tell Jughead?"

Mary said.

"You will figure it out."

Back at campus she sees jug and hugged him.

"Baby what wrong?"

Jessica struggle to say it.

"The baby the baby the baby is.."

Jughead knew right away and pulled her in for a hug as she sobbed.

"It ok. I'm not mad at all, but I know that you are hurting."

Jessica break the news about the gender.

"It would have been a boy. They had took my blood work and found out this way."

Jughead nodded.

"We'll get through this. We will be parents again someday. At the same time, I was hoping that we would raise our child like your parents did with you."

Jess admitted.

"You were inspired?"

He nodded.

Jessica said.

"We have to let Archie know."

So they went to the dorm and eventually Archie found out from mom and dad.

"I'm sorry sis."

He hugged her lovingly.