The game and Then some

Jess was excited and scared since it was Junior and Matt's first game going against Hiram's team. So the game was tough for the first few rounds but the Bulldogs picked up and scored.  Halfway Hiram team picked up and it was frustrating to watch. Eventually Junior had a plan and showed Archie the idea and they did it.

Junior passed the ball to Britta who then passed the ball to Matt and Matt just ran to the end and scored a touchdown that they won. Matt ran to his mom and gave the football to her as Jess's Dad did this during every touchdown.

"This is for you mom!"

Jess hugged her son in tears.

"So proud of you."

Junior hugged his Godmother.

"We wanted to dedicate our first game to you."

Jess smiled.

After the game was over, Junior said.

"Godmother, head to the gym."

Jess and everyone made it to the gym and Jess sees Andrew, Lionel and Alyssa as well as the rest of her preschool class well as the walker and the football.

"Oh, Lord, LIONEL!"

She groaned.

Lionel said.

"Are you ready for some old time preschool fun?"

Jess got annoyed, but then excited.

"Let me get my braces on!"

She quickly changed to comfortable clothes and got her AFO's on then walk in her walker towards her seat as her PT cheered. Once she sat down, she said to herself.

"Ok I guess we are playing frame football."

Coach Clayton came over and explained.

"I was once a volunteer at the preschool and Mrs. Jones, was a beast at frame football. I am so stoked that her former class put this together for fun so her students, friends and family alike can witness the greatness!"

Jess said unsure.

"Greatness, I don't know. Coach, you hyped it too much like my Godfather."

Archie deep down chuckled once he hears her say that- he felt the same way when Fred would praise and describe Jess's skills.

Alyssa said.

"The best quarterback sound a 100 times better."

Jessica blushed.

"Alyssa!"

Alyssa hugged her.

"But you were!"

Coach Clayton said.

"I wished we had Frame football at Riverdale High so all of our students like Mrs. Jones can play. When she came back to Riverdale High, there were no frame football just regular. Mrs. J, will you please step forward."

Jess walked up as her students cheered.

"Go Mrs. Jones!!!!!!!! Kick some frames and wheels-instead of butts!"

One of her students, Jordan said.

Everyone laughed.

Jordan, has Cerebral Palsy like Jess and looked up to her.

The rest of Jess's students have various disabilities and they all loves Jess!

"Come on, Mrs. J!"

Makayla says.

Makayla, she has Spina bifida.

Then all of her students cheered.

"Go Mrs. J! Go Mrs. J!"

Jess was touched as she felt that Fred's spirit was in the gymnasium as if he was cheering her on.

Coach Clayton said.

"Mrs. Jones, what are you thinking?"

Jess admitted as Coach held the microphone.

"I'm excited at the same time nervous since it been forever since we played it. I know that my Godfather would be thrilled out of his mind that we are doing it. I know that his presence is here now as my students are cheering me on. This first ever game is dedicated to him!"

Archie choked up knowing that Fred loved watching Jessica play- He had attended each "game" even though it was gym class at the preschool.

Kristina said.

"I know Coach Andrews, have seen home videos of me doing it and how I "Tackled." I know Coach Clayton hyped it up way too much!!!!!! In all fairness, I'm not like at the level of my father, Matt or Coach Andrews as they play football that is for sure!"

Everyone laughed.

She continues.

"I'm excited that all of our students and staff are going to see me in action-especially my fellow students and my kids and dear friends: Y'all never seen this side of me ever I go hard playing it just like Dad and Coach Andrews with the best of my abilities. Let do it and Britta, may I use your helmet for safety? It gonna be wild."

Britta helped placed it on and the game began.

Coach Clayton said.

"You know how you all rolled. Who is the captain?"

"Me!"

Jessica said.

Andrew said.

"Me."

The game was good and intense and Jess got a workout throughout the entire game and she even tackled Andrew and got a touchdown multiple times. In the end the girls wins. Lionel and Andrew watched Jess took off the helmet and walked over hugging her.

Andrew said as Lionel agrees.

"You haven't changed one bit."

Jess said smiling.

"I definitely thought I didn't have it in me to do it again, hence my reaction to the football and walker once I wheeled inside the gym."

Archie was so proud of Jessica: he finally understood what his dad was telling him of Jess playing adaptive sports all these years.

"Come here."

Jess walked over and he pulled her in a hug.

"I'm so proud of you, Jess- Dad talked of you nonstop about this. At first, I thought dad was being crazy as we watched the video. Tonight what I saw, you delivered what Dad had always spoke of you when playing frame football: One Badass Quarterback."

Jess said with confidence and tear up not having any clue what Fred always thought quietly.

"I will take it! Thank Daddy."

Matthew hugged her.

"So proud of you, Mom!!"

An: I know this is soccer, but pretend it football! I saw this clip one night and I was like this is epic. It prompt the idea I had.