22.0

S

He sat down in front of me and I smiled lightly.

"Hey Shelbs" he said excited to see me and I smiled, looking down to my fingers and playing with them lightly.

"Hi baby" I said slowly as I tried to hold in my emotions. I felt like breaking down and sobbing, but I couldn't. I couldn't show him that I was sad about our child, because even though I was scared and upset I couldn't let him feel responsible and guilty.

He was already going through a lot.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he slowly put his hands, that were in cuffs on the table.

I was happy that I could actually sit with him, from what I saw in movies and tv shows, there was always a thick piece of glass separating you with the prisoner you were visiting and I was glad this wasn't like that.

We did have a guard who sat almost too close to us to watch us and listen in on our conversation because I had 'helped harbour' Ethan and they didn't want him escaping again.

Although, this prison was an actual prison. It was way more secure and the only people here were murderers, rapists, hardcore drug dealers and everything else that was considered a 'intense crime'.  It would be much harder to escape from here.

I looked up from my trance to see his eyes deepen into sadness.

He hated seeing me like this and I hated seeing him rot for years in here.

"I have something to tell you. It's important" I spoke loud enough for him to catch my emotion in the sentence and to wait on edge of my next words.

"You're leaving me aren't you..." he spoke, not questioning me, but directing it as a statement.

He looked down at his cuffs and I shook my head roughly.

"No, I would never leave you. I love you so much, we will always wait for you and when you get out of here I'll be glad to have you move in with me, and to call you the father of our child" I spoke a little too fast and my words took him away.

His face drained of colour and I mentally face palmed. I didn't really ease into the subject of his child growing inside of me. I basically threw the information at him like it wasn't a big deal. 

"Wait... what do you mean the father of our child?" He said confused and I looked into his dark eyes - the eyes I felt uncomfortable with when they stared at me, feeling as if he was staring into my soul.

"I haven't gone to the doctors yet, really. I found out when I was in jail, they did a surprise drug test and found out that I was pregnant. Then I was let out for good behaviour and overcrowding. Grayson came and got me the morning of your trial and he brought your sisters graduation clothes for me to change in outside of the courthouse. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I tried calling but they wouldn't let us have contact and I didn't want to just yell it to you at court and have you mad and left in your thoughts. I'm so so-" he cut off my words with his very own very quickly as I scrambled my sentences together quickly.

"I love you" he said nonchalantly.

"I love you, are you mad?" I asked with reassurance and he laughed.

"No, if anything I'm hopeful and happy. Once I'm out, I'll finally get to be with you and our child for the rest of our lives and I can't wait to start my family with you. Now I have two things to look forward to when I get out of here" he spoke as he smiled and a few tears escaped my eyes.

I knew that everything was going to be okay. I would see Ethan almost everyday and if I couldn't I'd call.

Soon enough I'd bring our little one to visit and soon enough after that, he'd be released and I'd be able to spend the rest of my life with the love of my life and our family.

In this moment, we both knew that everything would be okay, that we would make it.

We were both finally happy with where we were in our lives.

And I couldn't wait to see what new experiences life brought Ethan and I.

I wasn't mad that he was in prison, we both made mistakes and we both had to pay the consequences.

But out of everything I was so unsure of, the one thing I was very sure of, was my love for Ethan and how much he loved me aswell.

I also knew how loved our child would be and how much we would love and support him or her, forever.