3.0

S

"Did you hear about those Kennedy kids?" Samantha asked me, but I was too occupied to pay attention.

"Shelbs" Taylor said and I ignored her.

I felt my phone being tugged out of my hands and I went into a panic, not wanting them to see the conversation I was just having with someone.

"Give it back," I said bending over the table to trying to grab my phone back.

Samantha looked at my phone before I could snatch it and instantly started mocking the messages.

"Oh, Shelby! My love for you is as big as my dick! And trust me it isn't big" Samantha said laughing and soon Taylor joined in.

"Fuck you guys," I said flicking my fork in my poutine and continued texting Rylie.

Ryls: you're so fucking gorgeous
Me: where are you?
Ryls: with the boys
Me: are you in the cafeteria?
Ryls: yes
Me: I don't see you
Ryls: look behind you :)

I slowly turned my back and my eyes were caught with Rylie's from across the cafeteria.

"Oh god Shelby, get a fucking room," Samantha said laughing as I looked back and rolled my eyes annoyed with her shit.

"for the first time in a while I have feelings for a guy more than just sex so can you stop" I raised my voice and Taylor seemed shocked, considering I'm very shy in crowds and never raise my voice to anyone.

"Shelby" Samantha started and I cut her off.

"Don't start, you can go around fucking guys and getting into relationships, but as soon as I actually like someone, not just the dick they provide, there is a problem!" I raised my voice even louder basically screaming.

Everyone in the cafeteria turned around and awkwardly started staring at Samantha and I.

"Shelby, come on, that's enough," Taylor said standing up grabbing my arm.

I got up from my seat with my phone and walked out of the cafeteria with Taylor, all eyes on us.

I looked down at my phone and saw a text from Rylie.

Ryls: what happened?

me: I'm done with guys and fake friends, want a relationship? I'm not the girl.

Ryls: is it something I did?

me: no, I just realized that no matter the situation, whenever I like a guy, someone gets hurt and I'm not letting myself get hurt again.

Ryls: who hurt you before? was it G?

Me: goodbye Rylie.

I turned off my phone, completely ignoring Rylie's last text trying not to think about Grayson and everything that happened.

I shook my head and kept walking to seventh with Taylor.