18.5

S

I pulled into Ethan's driveway and my heart dropped.

Police cars filled the driveway and dogs sat next to their officers as twenty or more other officers had their guns out surrounding the house.

I felt like I couldn't breathe.

My throat started to close each and every breath I took.

I parked my car behind the cars and got out in a panic.

"What the fuck is going on?" I screamed at the officers as I felt my body being pushed down on the hood of my car.

"Shelby Burns, you're being arrested for harbouring a fugitive" An officer said as he turned me around forcefully and pushed my body down and pulled my arms behind my back, cuffing my wrists together.

"Shelby!" I heard Ethan scream and my heart jumped.

I tried to look back but my head was pushed down on the hood.

"You don't have to answer any of his questions! Don't speak without a lawyer!" He screamed louder and I heard officers surrounding him and yelling.

The police officers car door slammed and I assumed it was Ethan's car because of the lack of noise.

Suddenly, two officers escorted me in the backseat of the car.

I saw Ethan's car turn in-front of mine and the car I was in drove behind his.

Tears wouldn't stop escaping my eyes and I thought about how much my education, career and life would be ruined after this.

Was Grayson going to be arrested too?

I thought as I tried to stop the tears and sobs from coming out of me.

But they wouldn't stop, I felt my body become numb and I hated every second of the life I was living.

I just wished Ethan and I could be happy.

Why couldn't we be in another life? One where we had a family and were happy with jobs we loved with our whole heart.

Although Ethan was a horrible person before, even though he was hurt and damaged... I loved him for it all.