17.0

E

I held her tightly in my arms as her sobs filled my ears.

If looks could kill, I'd be 6 feet under right now judging on the face that Grayson was giving me.

"Shh it's ok, it's okay" I soothed her as I played with her hair.

I supported her by holding her legs as I walked up the stairs into my room, ignoring whatever was going through Graysons head.

"I'm so sorry" she cried more as I sat her down on my bed and sat next to her.

The tears fell down her face and I felt horrible. Seeing her like this made me feel horrible.

I wiped the tears from her face and grabbed her hand.

"Shelbs, I promise you it's okay... you mean so much to me and I shouldn't of left. I should've talked to you" I said as her eyes met mine and the tears slowly began to lessen.

"I shouldn't of been dealing for Kennedy. I just wanted to be like the other girls" she slowly said as her head fell on my lap.

"What do you mean? The other girls?" I asked confused as I looked down at the beautiful girl.

"I feel different than anyone you're usually interested in... they all deal drugs and get in fights and go to jail and wear skimpy clothes" she spoke lightly. I could tell that she felt insecure.

"That's girls I sleep with Shelby, you're different" I tried to reassure her but her head shot up and she bit her lip holding herself back from saying something.

"We sleep together, so how am I any different?" She asked a little sassy, but I didn't mind. I liked her sass at most times.

"You're very different. If I wasn't in this mess I could see having a family with you, I could see us thirty years from now worrying about our kids turning out like me" I spoke softly, afraid of the words that were coming out of my mouth.

I couldn't imagine a world where my kids turned out like me, it pained me to think about my kids that would never exist to become such monsters.

Her eyes met mine and her hand grabbed my chin.

She pulled me closer and our lips met, this time it wasn't lustful or forceful.

I kissed her back and moved my lips down to her neck as I slowly sucked the soft spots around her ear.

A moaned escaped her mouth and I pulled back.

"What's wrong?" She spoke consciously as I put my hands on my forehead and felt the tears slowly building up.

"When I'm no longer here, promise me one thing" I said slowly as the tears escaped my eyes.

"Promise me you won't hold yourself back. Promise me you'll forget about me. Promise me that you'll pretend that it was never my first day out and forget about my last day"

Her hand met my back and she sat closer to me as her breath hitched.

"I don't think I'll be able to do that"