0.5

E

"Do you Ethan Dolan promise to tell the full truth and nothing but the truth or so help you, God?" Judge Francis spoke to me as I held the bible praying for my life.

"I do"

"You may now be seated" he directed me to the sit where I would answer questions honestly, that was if I chose to answer them honestly.

I saw my lawyer smile to me and I didn't smile back, instead looked away wanting the trial to be done and over with.

His lawyer stood up and I cringed thinking about how this case would end.

He walked over to me and presented himself to Judge Francis.

"Your honor, I would like to ask Mr.Dolan my first set of questions"

"Proceed" he responded.

I looked up and felt all eyes on me as I anxiously sat there waiting for my questions.

"Mr.Dolan, Or Ethan I should say"

I felt my jaw clench at the thought of someone calling me by my real name.

"Where were you the night it happened?" He asked me smirking knowing I had to think of how to answer the question since I was high the night it happened.

I still remembered every detail, I was high almost every day and it stopped affecting my memory when I was sixteen.

"I was at my sides" I responded vaguely.

"Your sides?" He questioned me and I smiled, not in a way that expressed me being happy, a way that hid my feelings and instead showed sarcasm.

"Yes, my side" I responded licking my lips seeing her sitting in the crowd shaking her head.

"May I have a name please?" He asked me and I nodded.

I got close into the microphone and smiled looking directly at her knowing the thing she didn't want was to be a victim in any sort of way.

This was a federal case and she'd be torn apart in jail again.

Not because she wasn't strong, she definitely was.

This time if she went to jail, her new baby would be put into foster care and she wanted the best life possible for it.

She was convinced the baby staying with her would be the best.

It was bullshit. I looked right back at her and caught myself smiling at her eyes that were begging for me to not give her name.

"Angel Roberts," I said and I saw her eyes grow big as everyone looked back at her.

She sat there observing the motions of people's eyes as they focused on her.

She was wearing our gang's jacket, you could tell just by looking at that jacket she was in our gang.

The word Kennedy embroidered to the back of the jacket and a large bold K marking the left side of her chest.

"Mrs. Roberts, if you wouldn't mind stating your point" the lawyer spoke and she flinched at his words.

"Of course not," she said standing up taking off her jacket trying to make herself look presentable.

"Was Ethan Dolan, there with you the night of the incident?" His lawyer spoke and she shook her head no.

"He was with Kennedy, I was at home with my baby all day long because she had a fever" she spoke out looking at me knowing this was it for me.

"The gang Kennedy?" His lawyer asked and she nodded her head.

"Yes, he was with Kennedy talking about how he was on some crazy drugs," she said through her teeth and I felt my fists clench tight.

"I've heard enough, this trial has been finished. I've made my decision" Judge Francis said and I felt my heart stop.

This was it.

"Ethan you will spending thirty years, not a day lower in the federal prison of New Jersey, there you pay for the crimes you have committed" The judge spoke and my lawyer stood up immediately and objected.

"I object"

"On what behalf?" The judge asked my lawyer.

"This girl may be lying" my lawyer spoke and Angel or cherry as the gang called her looked up and her smile turned into a worried expression.

"I am doing this boy a favor and not putting him on death row" the judge spoke.

"For what specific crime I may ask your honor?" I asked and my lawyer shook his head knowing the confusion about my own crimes was not good.

The judge looked at me and laughed pulling out a huge stack of papers that had my name on them.

"At age fourteen you were arrested for stealing, at the same age you were involved in a shoot out at your school, causing you to be arrested and expelled, at fifteen you went to a community school for troubled youth and you started a riot and beat up your history teacher" he stopped for a second to breathe.

"At age sixteen you were arrested fourteen times for drug related offences. Such as possession, use and selling" he looked up and me and continued talking.

"At your age now, seventeen you were caught with a firearm, possession of ecstasy, marijuana, cocaine, Xanax tablets and codeine" he spoke out and the court room went silent as I felt my parents and family's eyes on me and I felt disapproval and disappointment.

"Now adding on all of that, at just seventeen years old, you've been convicted of the murder of Logan Jackson" I felt my eyes go blurry and I held my tears back seeing the blur in my eyes slowly leave.

"So, yes you are lucky that I am not sending you on death row" he spoke and I questioned him.

"Why not"

"Because you're a minor and I feel that if you serve your thirty years jail time and ten year probation once let out, then maybe you will flip your life around" he spoke and pulled my papers back in my file leaving the courtroom as the guards came over to me and put me in handcuffs.

As I walked out of the courtroom with the guards behind me I saw my family's eyes on me and I saw my mom and sister crying.

Suddenly I looked at Grayson and he looked at me and mouthed something to me that made my heart feel warm.

I love you

I mouthed it back and continued walking until we reached the door and I got mobbed by the press.

They made their way over to the police van and put me in the back, cuffing my arms and hands to the wall and my feet to the ground.

"I feel like Jesus," I said smirking and the guard screamed at me not even making me flinch.

"DO NOT SPEAK"

"Fuck you too," I said laughing and he shut the door and I looked around the truck already feeling lonely.

The truck started and then moments later we were driving away to the high-security federal prison of New Jersey.