1.0

S

I woke up to the clap of thunder and felt the ground shake.

I looked around my room and I saw my phone light up almost instantly.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the notification seeing Taylor had messaged me.

Tay: hey, you up?
Me: yes, what's up?

I put my phone on my night stand and turned on my fairy lights above my headboard and grabbed my water bottle taking a sip of my water.

I felt the vibration of my phone go off on my table indicating Taylor texted me back.

I grabbed my phone and read her message.

Tay: I miss her so much
Me: I'm sure Angel misses you too
Tay: I haven't heard from her in over a year
Me: Angel and you were super close. I'm so sorry all of this has happened. But trust me, she misses you.

I saw that she read my message but didn't text back.

I looked out my window and felt so bad that she had to go through this.

Silence overcame my thoughts and then my phone vibrated making me jump.

Tay: I just want to know why she left
Me: why don't we find out?
Tay: what do you mean?
Me: well, didn't she join Kennedy?
Tay: Shelby, no
Me: you said you wanted to talk to her
Tay: If we go to talk to her we would have to pass through the west end and deal with not just Angel, but the entire gang
Me: If you're not up to go than I'll go
Tay: Shelby stop! Promise me you will not.

I looked down at the message and turned my phone off laying down on my bed and shut my eyes thinking about Angel and Taylor.

Taylor and Angel were sisters, they were the Robert sisters.

Everyone knew them, their dad was a lawyer who also owned a children's toy company in town and their mom was filthy rich for gods knows what.

The Roberts family was very elegant and came from prime class.

Angel and Taylor were a year apart, Angel was the oldest.

When Angel left out of random she was seventeen and Taylor was sixteen.

Everyone thought that she went to her friends for a little while. No one suspected anything until a week had gone by and there was no sign of her anywhere.

They soon identified her as Cherry from the gang Kennedy and her parents immediately disowned her.

To this day, no one knows why Angel left and Taylor has been upset about it every day, some more than others.

I knew deep down that all she wanted was answers and I was going to find them out for her.