7.0

E

My back hit the water full force and my ass started aching.

I felt the slow and relaxing current pulling me away and I screamed for Kiara wondering if she had even jumped yet.

I swam against the current and tried to get back to where Kiara would be falling so we wouldn't get split up.

Soon enough I heard Kiara screaming and I held my breath and went underwater to prevent her from falling on me.

I opened my eyes and saw Kiara under the water struggling to swim to the surface to catch her breath.

I swam to her and grabbed her freezing cold body and brought her up to the surface. 

She started coughing and pushed me away from her as she treaded in the water.

"You're welcome" I said laughing as I wiped the crystal clear water away from my face pushing it back to my hair.

"Fuck off" she said and started swimming with the current.

I followed her and started looking around.

Above us there was a light and right now we were in some tunnel of some sort.

We kept swimming and made it to the light.

As we swam out of the tunnel the only thing in sight was the skyline and the sun slowly setting.

I wondered where we were going to end up and what body of water we were in.

It seemed like we were just in some sewer of some sort or something like that, but the water was clean and wasn't sewage water.

It couldn't have been any lake. The water was way too clear and the water smelt fresh. It wasn't the ocean, the water wasn't salted.

I swam up to Kiara and decided I'd ask her where we were going, considering we were escaped prisoners.

"Where are we?"

"Part of New Jersey's water supply" she spoke calmly and I kept swimming trying to keep up with her.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Why are we swimming in the water that I'm going to end up fucking drinking?" I spoke loudly and I heard her snicker.

"Shut the fuck up Dolan, they filter and clean it, this is just their storage basically"

"So what is this? A lake?" I asked still so confused.

"It's kind of like a lake, but just filled with really clean water. It connects to other lakes for water supply for other places like Ocean county"

I was in shock that there was so much water just for a little township and other townships.

"One more question" I started and Kiara didn't speak.

"Where are we going and when will we be there" I asked and she smiled.

"Just up to the shoreline, it's about ten minutes away" she spoke and I remained silent as I followed her.

Kiara was really smart, I was surprised at first that she knew all of this information, but at the same time I wasn't. Kiara and I were really close before she went to prison, we always hung out and she helped me out a lot.

When I ran away from home to Kennedy, she was always there for me and always had my back. When I was going through trials to join the gang officially, she helped me remain calm and she gave me advice everyday to keep moving on and live my life the way I wanted to.

Kiara and I stopped talking a couple months before she went to prison because she said I was too involved in drugs and I was an adrenaline junky.

She wasn't wrong.

Before Kiara officially joined Kennedy she was an honours student, she came from a really bad home environment and she was super smart.

Whenever I would be fucked up she'd tell me the negative effects of what I was on and she knew so much about everything.

You could ask her a question about something random and odd and she'd most likely know the answer.

She was like an older sister to everyone in Kennedy and that's why we all loved her so much, even though she could be annoying sometimes.

She always wanted the best for everyone and would do anything for anyone in the gang.

I was caught out of my thoughts and I looked up to see the beach so close to us.