Chapter 11

The word kiss crossed the mind of the girl, who became even more nervous. However, she decided to remain silent because she was not able to find her own voice. They walked as fast as they could until they reached the first corner. Veronica kept asking Ruben how he was, but he did not answer, just kept walking with his head down and staggering. The girl felt increasingly confused. She did not understand anything and felt a huge impotence.

For his part, David still watched her while she walked away. He was not going to let anyone touch her. Nobody except him. There was something about the girl who managed to get his attention in a way that nobody had ever done before. With something he did not know that he was capable of feeling. Feelings. He believes he didn't have that things. ¿Feelings? David thought about it. No, definitely he didn't have that, however, why couldn't he keep his eyes away from Veronica?

"You are looking her so much" -Jota said by his side.

David turned to him. It was he who had decided to call him like that. Jota. From that day when his life changed completely and he was there to see it.

"It is very beautiful."added another young man at his side.

Without knowing why, David was deeply disturbed by that comment. A few streets away from them, the girl was holding on the weight of her friend.

"Ruben tell me something please." She was about to cry. She couldn't stand that silence from her friend.

Ruben didn't say a word. She was more desperate and wanted to cry, but first of all she felt a feeling that predominated in her heart over the fear she had felt, over all the sensations that she had had throughout her life. Cold. Yes, she felt inexplicably cold inside. Frost, and in her breast, in the deepest part of her ... It was like a small thorn had stuck in her heart and made her totally lost. Like if that gray storm had managed to lose her completely.

Veronica breathed heavily when she understood that the boy would not respond and stood in front of him and grabbed his face with both hands. He was a few inches taller than her. The boy resisted in the first place, but then he ended up yielding to her distressed voice.

"Rubén, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry ..."

"No ... it wasn't ... it wasn't your fault" he said in a pasty voice.

She felt so sad when she saw his sad look and his bleeding lips that she burst into tears in his arms.

"Hey, ca... calm!" He surprised. "They hurt me, not you!

Despite the young man's consolation she continued crying, so Ruben just hugged her trying to ignore his aching body. Tomorrow he would have bruises everywhere. It was funny, he had never thought that Veronica was going to hug him like that. Her skin was so soft ... A skin he thought he would never touch.

He tried to control himself as he began to get excited. It seemed too strange to him how in a second his life could have changed completely. A simple decision had almost killed him, and he did not regret it. He would have given his life for the girl he loved. That girl who hugged him at that precise moment convulsing in his chest. He probably would not have any chance of hugging her again, so he squeezed her even harder against his chest and dropped his head on her shoulder ignoring the excruciating pain in his ribs. It was hard for him to breathe, but nothing mattered at that moment except Veronica. Fuck, how could she smell so good? How could she look like a doll in every way?

"Easy, it's over ..." he whispered.

A voice behind him, followed by accelerated footsteps made the boy look straight ahead. Paloma and Eva were there with the butcher two more streets to the right.

"Vero! What the hell did they do to you?" Paloma asked in a voice that was too high because she was so nervous. "I'm going to kill them if they have touched you. I swear to God, I'm going to ..."

Eva stopped her with a gesture and approached Veronica, hugging her from behind until she decided to release Ruben and let herself fall into Eva's arms.

"Have they done something to you, honey?" Eva asked softly, looking her up and down carefully.

The girl just shook her head and pointed with a thin finger of long blue nails to Ruben. Only then did the two girls notice the young man, stained with blood and dust, disheveled and ungainly, unable to keep their eyes on them. Both maintained the distances with him while Veronica stopped sobbing by the impotence that felt and began to fight against the cold that had been installed in some dark part of her heart. A cold that had come to meet her after leaving the street and the boy of fire. David. She smiled slightly while she dried her tears. The fire boy was a name that suited David perfectly. He was fire. And Veronica's body was fire too when she was with him.

"I want to accompany you home.-"she said with a weak voice to Ruben.

Ruben looked at her in amazement, now he was more aware than before of everything that hurt his body and especially the abdominal area. It took even more work to breathe.

"Can someone explain to me what happened?" The butcher asked from behind.

Veronica wiped her tears again and looked at her friends.

"Explain it to him. I'm going to talk to Ruben's mother to explain this..." she looked towards Ruben who looked at Veronica even more amazed. How had the girl known that her mother was going to blame him and not the other boy? Did she really know him so well?

"If you let me, I'll take you to the doctor too. Let's go."said Veronica again.

And having said that, she took Ruben by the hand and they set off in a very, very slow pace to Ruben's house. The butterflies in the stomach that the boy felt, made the pain and fear disappear slightly. However, he was afraid of his mother. She was no a good mother with him. Veronica was still mired in the memory of that gray-eyed boy, with chestnut hair and a slender, strong body.

None of them realised that someone followed them in the distance. A dangerous one.

Thanks again for reading. Do you want other chapter? Please tell me! 

ig: itssarahmey

Fb: sarah mey libros