Chapter 6

"He came to know your name!" Almost shouted Paloma behind her. "What can be more romantic? Fuck, I envy you. When you start dating him, I demand that you introduce me to his hot friends! I do not believe it ... wow, let's go out with the most popular guys in the city!!"

"Stop Paloma, do not exaggerate", said Eva.

"Exaggerate? Right now Veronica is the envy of the whole high school. That boy has noticed her, and oh my God, it's David!" she shrieked excitedly.

"Do not scream" Eva scolded.

"Not scream?! But do you have any idea what important David is?!

Eva snorted as Veronica still held her breath. That handsome boy had returned just to know her name. It was... amazing... and... terrible at the same time. How should she feel about it?

"Paloma for now, do not get mad. I'm totally sure that even if David has noticed her, Veronica will not be so stupid to go out with him. That kind of boy doesn't want any relation. We talked about it before "she added, looking at Veronica, who had excited eyes and a lost look." Vero?"

"She has fallen in love." Paloma said, snapping her fingers in front of the girl's face and making her return to reality.

However, love can be found anywhere, and that was something that Veronica was too sure about.

"She can not fall in love like that. She is not in love with him. Let's go home, everybody is still looking at us."

Eva took the brunette girl by the hand and they went out of high school. Veronica was a girl who usually caught attention without intending it, but she did it even more on that day when that boy had noticed her. And all the young people knew who that boy was. They walked quietly, which was strange in them. They lived in the same neighborhood so they could go together walking home. The mornings in which rained the parents of the girls took turns to take them to the high school. The street was plenty of young people who returned to their homes with backpacks, tired of having spent six hours in high school. Veronica lowered her head, covering herself more with the dark gray scarf that she had been placed on her neck. She could not stop thinking about the boy's eyes. Gray eyes. Dangerous eyes. Addictive eyes. When he looked at her, was like if the whole world didn't exist. Just his eyes.

She was grateful when her friends stopped talking about it. She was even more grateful when they walked in silence and could focus on her thoughts. Was it true that this boy had noticed her? The simple idea that this could be possible blushed her, although that little voice in her head made her go back to earth. The voice told her that David knew absolutely nothing about her and for that reason, it was impossible that he had noticed her or he felt something for her. Imposible. Wooh, it hurt, but that was true. She didn't feel even pretty. She felt normal. Usual. Just another girl. And David... he was so, so, so handsome. That little inner voice produced her an immense sadness. Paloma's voice made her come out of her thougths.

"You have already done the history exam?"

"No, we do it tomorrow." Said Eva.

"Shit." Veronica answered. She had completely forgotten about the exam.

Both girls looked at the other while they walked in a different way to home. They tried to avoid that way in the morning because there were always groups of boys getting drunk. Some of them had spent the night there instead of returning to their homes. However, at that time there used to be many people around and that way would save them about ten minutes of walking.

"It is very typical of you forgeting things. You are always in your world,"Eva commented.

"Thank you again for being so nice" Veronica answered.

"Well, then what I was going to tell you"Paloma continued. For her, it was the most normal thing in the world to study the day before the exam. "I asked the class of 1C that they have already done it and they have told me that they have fallen Fernando VII"

A spark of joy crossed Veronica's heart.

"Then I asked those of 1B and they told me that the reign of Isabel II fell to them" continued the girl.

"Oh, what a joy!" Veronica said, throwing herself into his arms and embracing her.

Eva frowned and shook her head in denial, exasperated.

"The day the teacher changes and make the same exam in every classroom, you will not pass it"

The two girls questioned Eva with suspicion.

"Don't say that, he has never asked the same thing in two different classes. Always change the exam model ..." Paloma's eyes lit up when she realized what she said next."So we just have to study about eight pages because only two questions can be asked!"

Veronica's eyes shone brightly. She had taken off a great burden. They continue walking when some male voice called Veronica.

Thanks for your time and for reading! Who do you think it is? 

Ig: itssarahmey

Fb: sarah mey libros