29: Going Away

Skyla packed some of Sky's clothes; they were leaving early in the morning before the big storm approaches. "Alton, have you seen Sky's pink pair mittens? The ones that my mother knitted for her?"

"Have you check basket?" He said.

Skyla searched the basket full of spring and summer clothes. "Found them," she packed them in the box. "They're all packed up."

"Ah, ah," Sky had rolled over on to her stomach and couldn't rollback.

"Oh," she chuckled and helped her. "There we go, it's okay."

"Are we all packed?" Alton walked in.

"Yes," she smiled. "I'll miss home, but Lyon and Marla's wedding is important to us, plus I want to see Kristy and see how she's doing."

"I wonder if Elvin's problem was solved," he said. "Either way, we'll find out when we get there. I did mention that Andre is tagging along, right?"

"Yes," she set the boxes near the door, ready to go. "It'll be good for Grace and him to be apart. Maybe being separated will calm things."

"Anyways, let's get some sleep," Alton yawned. "We have to get up early."

She nodded and climbed in bed with Sky; they kept her with them to keep her warm during the cold nights.

The next morning, Skyla didn't want to get up, it was too cold, but she had no choice. She got ready and wrapped Sky up with two blankets. "I'm so exhausted," she sat in the wagon's back as they made their way to pick up Andre.

"You can sleep along the way," he said. "Is Sky still asleep."

"Yeah," she cuddled her.

"Okay," he yawned. "I'd hope Andre is ready."

The wagon came to a stop, Skyla looked up. Andre ran over and got on. "Let's go, Grace is going to kick my ass again, and I had enough of it."

"Why?" Skyla asked. "What did you do this time?"

"Nothing," he said.

"Aha," Skyla shook her head.

"Hey," everyone came out of the house to say goodbye. "Be safe and tell Elvin to visit us," her mother said. "And your father said to behave."

"Yes, mother," she smiled. "I'll miss you all, but we'll be back before you know it. After the wedding, we'll head back if the weather allows it."

"Okay," she kissed Sky. "Take care of Sky; don't let her out of your side."

"I won't," Skyla smiled.

"We should get going," Alton said. "Let's go. Bye, everyone, we'll be back soon!"

Skyla waved at them. "On the road again," Andre said. "It's good to leave the clan again; I so need to relax and get laid."

"Behave," Alton said. "I mean it, Andre, I don't want you to fool around, you can't mess with the maids Elvin will kick you out."

"I'm not saying it'll be them," he said. "Maybe some local girl."

Skyla yawned. "I'm going back to sleep, wake me when we make our first stop." She laid down, cuddling Sky, and pulled the blanket over them to keep warm.

On their first stop, Skyla was frightened when she didn't find Sky. "Alton!"

"What?" He sighed. "What's wrong?"

"Where's Sky?" She asked.

"I have her," Andre said. "Calm down."

"Don't just take her," she sighed. "You scared me half to death."