3: Labor/Born

Skyla woke up late at night with pain. She rubbed her belly; it was getting hard to breathe. "Kristy!" She sat up.

"What?" Kristy ran in, bumping into the chair. "Ow."

"Kristy," Skyla held her belly. "It hurts."

Kristy touched her belly. "I think you're in labor, damn it. It's too soon. Okay, Skyla, get ready because it'll be a long night." Kristy rang the bell to wake the maids up. Elvin ran in.

"What's going on?" He was shirtless, and Skyla could see Kristy blushing.

"Um, Skyla is in labor," Kristy said. "The baby is coming, and we need to get things ready. And you should write a letter to Bob."

"Okay," Elvin kissed her head. "Be strong, Skyla," he walked out of the room.

Skyla breathes in and out. "Okay, Kristy, guide me through this."

"Lay back down," Kristy helped her lay back down and got her comfortable. Marla walked in with warm water and some pieces of soft white fabric. "Okay, we should get started, now your water hasn't broken, so we'll wait for a few minutes."

Skyla laid there, feeling all this pain. How she wished her father and sisters were here with her to comfort her. "Ah," she winced. "Please, little one, come out, I can't stand this pain."

Marla wiped her forehead. "Just breathe in and out," she said.

"Okay," Skyla did just that, and it helped a little but not much.

"Oh," Kristy sighed. "Okay, your water just broke, Skyla, get ready to push; we are going to be in here all night."

And that was true; it was early in the morning when her baby decided to come out. "Oh, thank goodness," Skyla leaned back against the pillows. The loud baby cries echo through the mansion.

"Oh," Kristy smiled. "Look at her; let's go to mommy." Kristy wrapped the baby in a soft blanket and placed it against Skyla's chest. "Here, careful."

Skyla held her baby. "Oh, she's so small."

"Look at her patch of hair," Marla said. "She is going to have beautiful and healthy hair, wow."

"Marla," Kristy stood. "Wait until your married to have kids. Or you'll end up like Skyla here." Skyla stuck her tongue out.

"It's okay," she kissed her daughter's head. "My little bundle of joy. Welcome to this world. To my arms."

"Let's get you clean up," Kristy said. "Marla, get the baby washed up and dressed, and I'll help Skyla."

Marla nodded. "Come here, oh, look at you. Aren't you a cutie." Skyla handed the baby to Marla as Kristy helped her to the bathroom.

After the bath, Skyla laid back down to breastfeed her baby. "Hi, there, what should I name you. You're so small. I'll name you Sky, like me."

"After you finish, get some sleep," Kristy said. "Marla will watch over Sky."

Skyla nodded. "Thanks, but I'm worried now that Sky is out of my womb, Alton will sense me."

"Probably," Kristy said. "But Elvin won't let Alton get near you."

"I won't," Elvin walked in. "Alton is going to stay far away from you," he smiled. "Hey there, she's a beauty."

"I know," Skyla said. "Her name is Sky. Sky meet your uncle Elvin," she yawned.

"Okay," Kristy grabbed Sky and handed her over to Marla. "Marla, you'll take care of her while Skyla sleeps. You'll stay in the nursery with Sky."