23: Who Has Sky?

Skyla sat next to Alton, he finally stopped convulsing, and his fever went down. Her mother is amazed at how fast he was healing.

"I miss her," Skyla said. "I want my daughter, Alton, please get better so that you can go and find her. Your the only one that has memorized her scent." She rests her head on the bed. "Who could've had taken her? I can't think of anyone that would want to harm me, and no, it's not Mr. Cox; he would never do that. I know if you were awake, you would think that."

Skyla closed her eyes and cleared her mind. Then it came to her; she stood and ran out of the room. "Anton!"

"What?" Anton stood from the couch. "What's wrong? Is Alton awake?"

"No," she said. "But I know who took Sky; I don't know why it didn't cross my mind. It's so obvious, ugh, I'm so stupid. I guess with everything that's been going on; it flew past me."

"What?" Evelyn said. "Come on, spit out, who has Sky."

"The vampire," she smiled.

"Vampire?" Anton frowned. "Skyla details."

"Oh, sorry," she chuckled. "Lyon, he's Alton's friend. He has Sky."

"How can you be sure?" He asked. "And why would this Lyon have her?"

Skyla poured herself some water and drank it. "Alton once told me that Lyon would never allow any harm to come to Sky, that he would sense danger from miles away and will know what to do in case that danger approaches. Lyon must've had taken Sky to safety, but I don't know where only Alton knows. He knows all the hiding spots. We need to wit until he wakes up to ask him." She let out a long sigh of relief. "My precious Sky is alright."

"This Lyon, is trustworthy?" Anton asked.

"Yes," she smiled. "Lyon would never hurt Sky; it must've had been hard for him to leave like that without telling anyone."

"Why would it be hard for him?" He asked.

"Because Lyon fell in love with a human named Marla," she said. "Anyways, Lyon is keeping Sky safe."

"Why wouldn't he tell anyone?" Evelyn asked.

"The fewer people know, the better," Skyla said. "I can rest, knowing that Sky is in good hands. I know Lyon has her; you need to trust that Sky is safe and no in danger."

Anton nodded. "Okay, I'll trust this, Lyon."

Skyla went back to Alton, who was sitting up. "Alton?"

He turned to look at her. "Skyla, what happened?"

"You were out cold," she sat down and hugged him. "I missed you so much."

"Ugh," he groaned. "Easy, my whole body hurts."

She kissed him. "The silver poison you and you were in lycan form and not changing back. Your eyes were all red; it took a bit to tame you and force you to shift."

"I see," he sighed. "I'm sorry for any problems that I have caused you."

"It's okay," she kissed his cheek. "Alton, Lyon has Sky."

"Does he?" Alton chuckled. "That did cross my mind when Tucker told me he didn't have her. Lyon, that sneaky vampire. We should go find him; I know where our hiding spots are."

Skyla nodded. "But you need to gain that energy. I'll go get you some food, can you get up and shower?"

"Yeah," he said.

She kissed him and stood. "I'll be back in a bit."

She's happy that Alton is awake. Now they can go and look for Sky.

-

Alton groaned. "Mother," he was still a bit sore but not as much as yesterday. "Mother, let go, I have to get going."

"It's too soon for you to go," she said. "But I understand, go and get Sky, and take care of Skyla. You made her suffer way too much; it's time for you to take responsibility."

"I know," he looked at Skyla, talking to her family. "I'll take good care of Skyla. And we'll be back with Sky."

"I'm proud of you," she kissed his scars. "You're still handsome, always know that. Now go, I packed some food for you both."

"Thank you," he said.

"Are you ready?" Skyla held his hand. "Let's go."

"Okay," he helped Skyla get on the horse. "We'll be back soon." He sat on the back and held on to the reins. "Bye!"

He urges the horse forward. "Finally, we are going to get our daughter back, I can't wait to see her, and we are going to have to thank Lyon."

"Yes," he said. "But I wished you would've had stayed; you're very stubborn."

"I know," she leaned back against him. "I wanted to come too; Sky is my daughter too, you know, she could be hungry. I haven't breastfed her in a long time, and my breasts are hurting."

"I can tell," he said. "They are very swollen."

"Yeah," she sighed. "Where would Lyon take Sky?"

"I'm not sure," he said. "But the only safe place I could think of is a human town. That was the first hideout; the people there were nice to us and welcomed us. They like when outsiders come into their town since it's in the middle of nowhere surrounded by mountains, forests, and a large lake."

"I see," she looked up at him. "They don't know what you and Lyon are, right?"

"Nope," he said. "All those people care about is getting their town on the map. There are only like a hundred or more people living there."

"Wow," she smiled. "Sounds like a cozy place."

Alton kissed the top of her head. "Yeah, but they are humans, someone like Lyon, and I can't live there. I always had to cover for Lyon when he had to go out and feed on blood. It was a huge problem since everyone knew everyone, and sometimes the men would be up drinking in the tavern. It was too risky."

"Oh," she smiled. "I wonder if it was strange for Lyon to wander into that town with an infant."

Alton chuckled. "They'll probably think Lyon impregnated someone or that he kidnapped her. But I'm sure Lyon will come up with a good explanation. Thought the last time I was there, a man arrived, a priest, he looked odd and very religious. I hope the town is still the same."

"Ugh," Skyla groaned. "I don't want to deal with another person, especially a priest, remember the last one, he was a jerk who tried to harm my sister."

"I know," he smiled. "If this priest is bad as the other one, I'll take him down easily; it'll be an accident."

Skyla nodded. "How far is this town?"

"About a week," he said. "So, we'll have to make some stops, though we have a horse, so it'll be less."

"Okay," she held the golden rattle. "I'm sure Sky is missing her rattle. She loves this toy."

"It'll be alright," he said. "We'll get Sky back, and we can start our family." She sighed. "By the way, what happened to the bodies?"

"Anton burned them," she said. "Far away from the clan, out in the desert, and he didn't want to risk starting a fire."

He chuckled. "Okay," he looked up ahead.

Alton hopes that Lyon is taking good care of Sky, but he has a bad feeling that something went wrong in that town. And whatever awaits Alton will solve it; nothing or anyone will stop him from getting his daughter. Not even a priest.

"Wake me when we make our first stop," she said.

"Will do," he said. "Get some sleep; I love you."

"I love you too," she yawned.

Alton gripped the reins and kept moving.

-------------------------

Comment

Vote

Follow

Miss SayaChan