12: Threat

Skyla watched Elvin pace back and forth. She had told him about what happened, and he was not so happy. "Fuck Alton, he exposed us. What was he thinking?"

"I don't know," Skyla sighed. "But that man looked dangerous. That man looked at me as if he knew who I was. It was very uncomfortable."

"I need to have a long chat with Alton," Elvin grabbed his coat. "Don't wait up, because it'll be a long, long chat. I'll have my men keep guard outside, don't go outside for anything."

"Okay," Skyla finished the tea Kristy had made to calm her nerves.

Elvin left the house to go and talk to Alton.

That night Skyla laid in bed, thinking about what could happen if that man knew about her and Sky. She won't let anything happen to Sky.

Earling in the morning, Skyla woke up to Marla screaming. Skyla got up and ran to the nursery. Marla held Sky as she backed away from the window. "Marla?"

"What's going on?" Kristy walked in and looked around. Marla pointed to the window.

Skyla walked over and pulled the curtain to the side. She covered her mouth; a dead rabbit was dangling there, dripping blood.

"What the hell?" Lyon walked in and looked at the rabbit. "That's wrong. Who would do something like that? Want me to cut it down?"

"Yes, please," Skyla said. "Come on; Marla, let's get out of here."

Marla was frightened as she held Sky.

Elvin arrived shortly after, and Kristy told her what happened. "It was a horrific sight; Lyon took the rabbit down."

"I see," Elvin sighed. "But why would they placed it above the nursery window?"

Skyla held Sky. "I don't know, but I hate it, my daughter is being targeted. For all, we know it could be that man. Did you talk to Alton?"

"Yeah," Elvin glared. "Alton admitted he was there spying on you. But Alton didn't know Tucker was tracking him down. It seems he and Tucker have a history; Alton did terrible things while he was away. Mostly stealing from rich folks and sometimes killing. It seems he met Tucker and were together doing these things, but things went wrong, and Tucker's family paid the price. Tucker blames Alton for everything that happened. So now Tucker wants to kill Alton. But the thing is, Alton was always in Lycan form, so Tucker doesn't know what he looks like in as a human."

"That Alton," Kristy huffed. "Exposing us like that, Anton won't be so happy to know that his younger brother is acting a fool."

"I send a letter to Anton," Elvin said. "I'm waiting for his response and seeing what I need to do with Alton."

Skyla shook her head. "I had hoped Alton would've had matured now that he became a father, but I was wrong. The only thing Alton has done is cause me pain."

"Alton is obsessed with you," Kristy said. "I know you don't see it that way, but believe me, he is. I can see it in Alton's eyes. His obsession with you is going to end badly."

Lyon entered the room. "I need to tell you guys something, but you can't say that I told you."

"What is it?" Elvin asked. "What could be worse than this?"

"Alton," Lyon groaned. "Is planning on going after the hunter, today."

"What?!" Elvin growled. "I told even asked Alton if he was going after him, and he lied to me. I swear I'm going to find him and dragged him back here and chained him up."

Skyla looked down at Sky, who was chewing on the rattle. Whatever Alton does, she doesn't want any part of it, or for Sky to get hurt.

Alton can keep his selfishness to himself and leave.