21: Lost It

Alton heard Tucker fiddled around with the rifle; he must be loading it up. He took this opportunity to get the woman to safety. "Leave!" He yelled at the man.

"Thank you," the man led his family and everyone else away from the camp. Once they were gone, Alton turned to Tucker.

"It's just you and me now," Alton growled. "Tucker, I'll end your pathetic life."

"Oh?" He laughed. "You kill me, and you'll never know where your daughter is, but either way, I'll take it to my grave."

Tucker shot at him again. "Is shooting all you can do?" Alton laughed.

Tucker threw the rifle down and took out a machete. "I can do much more than shoot. I'll cut that head of yours and mount it on my wall."

Alton shifted back. "I'll fight like a man, not the beast."

Alton had to avoid the machete; it wasn't a fair fight since Tucker had a weapon. But he will get around it somehow.

"The more I think about your situation, the more I think you lied," Alton said. "Maybe you killed your own family and tried to blame it on someone else. But I'd wonder why you did it?" That seemed to have tick Tucker off because he started to strike without thinking. "So I'm right, you did kill them; why?"

"Because that filthy bitch slept with a lycan!" Tucker yelled. "I saw them together when I came home, that lycan was so happy that she was pregnant. Throughout our whole marriage, my wife cheated on me and had his children. I then understood why we never had children, why she always said she had miscarriages during her final month because she would always give birth and hand the baby to that bastard. But I got my revenge, this time, their fifth child wasn't born. I tied her down and made her watch as I cut her womb open."

"You're sick," Alton said.

"Perhaps I am," he said. "But I enjoyed watching that whore beg as I ripped her child from her womb. It was a beautiful girl, her first girl. My wife was still alive as I burned her alive." Tucker grinned. "I left the child to fend for herself, in the forest, to get torn apart by bears."

Alton wrinkles his nose. "You deserve the same fate as them, and I'll make sure I avenge them."

"This camp," Tucker swang the machete around. "That man was the lycan, and those four boys were the children that he had with my wife. I wanted to kill them by using you. But that woman, Skyla, she was your obsession. You couldn't be away from her for one second. I should've had brought her along than I would've had forced you to do what I wanted, but my plans failed, as you can see. But maybe I can still do it if I get rid of out!" He threw the machete at him, and Alton dodges it.

"Ah," Alton turned to see the pregnant woman standing there with the machete sticking out of her chest. "Oh," the man caught her.

"Damn it, why did you come back?" The man yelled.

"The ring," the woman said.

Alton turned back to see Tucker running; he shifted and lost control. His body moved on its own. All he could see was red and nothing else. He could hear shouts and screams of horror. But he didn't know where they were coming from; all his senses shut down.

His mind was empty.

He lost himself.

-

Anton arrived at a horrific scene. "Damn it," he knelt. "Take your wife to the clan; one of my men will take you, now go." The man nodded and carried his wife away. "And take your family with you."

Anton stood and turned to see Alton ripping something apart, not something but someone, Tucker. Anton had to look away for a moment.

"Alton," Anibal shifted back. "Tucker is dead; you can stop now."

"I don't think he's listening," Andre said. "Are our eyes suppose to be red?"

"Not anymore," Anibal said.

Anton looked at Alton; his eyes were blood red. "Alton?" He whistles, but that didn't do anything. It was as if Alton was gone, and only the beast remained. "What is going on?"

"What should we do?" Anibal asked. "We can't take Alton back to the clan like this. It won't be safe for the others."

"Everyone is sleeping," Anton said. "Well, only some, but we can take Alton into the underground cells; we can keep him there until we figure out how to help him."

"Hello?" They turned to see a woman that resembles Evelyn.

"Your Evelyns, mother?" He said.

"Yes," she smiled. "My name is Mint, but please call me Evelina." She made her way over to Alton. "Hey."

"I don't think that's a good idea," Anton said.

"Hush it," she said. "I know what I'm doing, Alton, can you hear me?" Alton turned to look at her and growled. "It's okay; you can shift back; we need to find Sky, remember, we can't go back to Skyla without Sky. Tucker nor Melissa had her, so someone else took her. Sky has been away from her mother for too long, so, calm down, and let's go find her." She reached over.

Anton watched as Alton was trying to change back, and he was so close, but the sound of someone stepping on a twig ruined it. Alton went bizarre and attacked Evelina. They immediately shifted and helped Evelina get away from Alton. He, Anibal, and Andre had to tame Alton long enough for sliver shackles to go around his wrists, ankles, and neck.

"Take him to the underground cells," Anton said. "And be careful, don't let him get lose, that'll be a disaster." They took Alton. "Are you alright?"

"You idiot!" Evelina smacked the man and pushed him back. "I was so close to taming Alton, didn't I tell you to stay back! Why won't you ever listen to me, Nich?!" She was so pissed off. "The same thing with Skyla, I told you to make sure she got home safe, for you to stay by her side until she reached that door! And look what happened, she got hurt, and I wasn't able to make Alton change back!"

"You can't blame me for what happened to them," Nich said. "And it's my job to protect you, but you always seem to want to do things on your own!"

"I don't need protection!" Evelin yelled. "If I die, then fine, at least my children will be safe! I want you to go, Nich, I don't want you here!" She stepped back.

"You can't be serious, Evelina," Nich glared. "What about your home? What about that obsesses, man?"

"I'll deal with that mad man when the time comes," she smiled. "I won't let that man destroyed my life anymore. I'm not afraid of him." She sighed. "And besides, I'm home."

Anton walked over. "We'll help Evelina with whoever is after her. She's finally home, allow her to enjoy her daughters and grandkids. And to be with Bob, his gotten worse over the past few months. But the stubborn old man never listens and keeps working hard."

"That's my Bob," Evelina said. "I'm home Nich; if you can't accept that, then you can go, and thank you for everything. I have to go and see my children. And to rescue my granddaughter. Anton lets go; we need to talk to Skyla and see if anyone will want to harm her."

Anton nodded. "Back to the clan!" He ordered the remaining men.

Anton looked back at Nich, who disappeared into the woods.

"It's the silver," Evelina said. "It's what causing Alton to stay as a lycan. It may not hurt his human side, but it's toxic for the beast. I know because it happened to one of my members. The only way for Alton to heal is to force him to change back."

"And what will happen after that?" Anton asked.

"He'll be in bed," she said. "For a long time until he burns the silver out of his system. It'll be painful, and there may be scars."

Anton nodded. "Let's go; we still have to find Sky, and to do that, we need to know if Skyla had any enemies."

Evelina nodded.

--------------------------

Comment

Vote

Follow

Miss SayaChan