5: Accept

"Since you are staying," Kristy smiled. "You can't lay around doing nothing. You and your friend are going to work on the farm for us."

"Great," Alton sat down. "Fine, whatever, so long as I don't have to go."

Kristy chuckled. "Alton, you hurt Skyla; you can't expect her to take you back so easily. It'll take a lot to gain her trust."

"And I will," he said. "Whatever it takes, I will get Skyla back. And that man, I don't want him coming here anymore."

"It's not for you to decide," she said. "It's up to Elvin and up to Skyla if she wants to see him or not."

He growled. "Skyla shouldn't be interested in a man like that."

She shrugged. "That man has been the only one that wants something with Skyla; he wants her to be his wife. He's respectful and isn't pressuring her. And he's not one to abandon her."

"Go on, rub it in," he crossed his arms.

"Look," she set the basket of bread down. "With the way you are acting right now, you won't get anywhere. You need to stop with that attitude of yours."

"Ahem," Skyla walked over with Sky in her arms. And that maid, Marla, was behind holding a blanket. "Good morning."

"Morning," Kristy smiled. "Hello, there, Sky, aren't you a cutie."

Skyla sat down with Sky. "Today, I'm going out to get some fresh air, now that I don't have to hide from Alton."

"Okay," Kristy said. "But only around the garden, the town is off-limits until your better."

"Okay," Skyla handed Sky over to Marla. "Where's Elvin?"

"He had to leave for another meeting," Kristy said. "He didn't even get to eat breakfast; those men are really, trying too hard."

"Well, Elvin is never going to," Skyla said. 

"Where's your friend?" Kristy asked. 

"He's a bit shy and decided to eat in the kitchen," Alton said.

"Okay," Kristy smiled.

After breakfast, Alton walked around the garden holding Sky. "I'll win you, mother, over, you'll see, she can't resist me." Sky coo and yawned. "Your a sleepy little one, like me."

He kissed Sky's head and took her back to Skyla, who sat on the chair. He handed her back. "Come here."

"I'm going to go and look for my friend," he walked away.

Alton found Lyon lazying around in the hay. "How did it go?"

"Great," he said. "But Skyla still hates my guts."

"What did you expect?" Lyon said. "That Skyla would jump into your arms and forgive you?"

"Yes," he said.

Lyon chuckled. "You're an idiot."

Alton sat and laid back. He closed his eyes and allowed his thoughts to reorganized. They were all jumbled up, and he couldn't think. Skyla has become more beautiful; motherhood is doing her excellent. Alton wants to have more kids with her, but he needs to gain her trust and forgiveness to do that.

"Not to alarm you," Lyon said. "And you need to keep calm, but that man is back." Alton sat up and looked over. He growled. "Easy, you can't act out, remember you need to show Skyla that you can control your anger, I mean, your jealousy. So let's stay here and wait."

Alton didn't like that idea, but he had no choice. Alton needs to prove to Skyla that he can control himself even though he wanted to go over there and rip that man's head off and shred him.