15: Taking Her

Alton looked at the sky; it has been seven days since he last saw Skyla and Sky. But that night, he left Skyla on the floor as she was worth nothing, and he regrets it. So now here he was making his way back to apologize.

It was dark, and there were fewer guards, which is unusual for Elvin to do this. He wonders what's going on. He climbed up to Skyla's room and found it empty. She was not in bed.

Frowning, Alton went into Sky's room, but there was no one there. "They're not here," Elvin stood near the doorway.

Alton turned. "What do you mean? Where are they?"

"Home," he said. "Grace and Andre came to get her two days ago; they should be arriving today."

"Why?" Alton frowned. "It doesn't matter; I'll go for them."

"Not unless you want to get killed," he said. "You got branded as a rogue lycan; you can't step foot in that clan anymore. If you do, you'll get taken down."

"What?" Alton looked at him. "They can't do that, why am I being branded as a rogue? What did I do?"

"Did you just asked that?" Elvin chuckled. "You turned into a thief, a killer, and you exposed yourself to a human. To top it off, you abused Skyla. And now you're helping that man to get revenge. You are a danger to us, so Sykla and Sky are better off with Anton. Lyon and Marla went with them. Kristy stayed behind."

Alton growled. "So Anton decided? Without consulting anyone? Our parents? The elders?"

Elvin glared. "Oh, Anton did consult them, and they agreed to your isolation. Your mother didn't take it well. It had to come to this to keep the clan safe. Until you change your ways, you're a rogue."

Alton gripped the crib. "I'll get them back even if I have to force Skyla to leave the clan."

"You can try," Elvin said. "But you won't succeed. You can't force her, not again."

Alton looked back at him. "You're going to play that card, huh?"

"Yes," he said.

"Whatever," Alton walked past him. "I don't care anymore; I'll get Skyla back and my daughter. And no one can stop me."

"Your obsession with Skyla is getting too much," Elvin said. "You need to let Skyla go and allow her to be happy."

"Never," he said. "Skyla belongs to me, and no one is going to stop me from getting her. Not you, not my brothers or that man. Mr. Cox."

"Than I'll make sure to let Anton know about your decision," Elvin said. "They'll keep Skyla and Sky safe from any danger."

Alton left through the front doors and shifted.

He ran into the woods and howled at the moon. No one will separate him from Skyla. He will get them back no matter what the cost.

He shifted back and sat there. "Tough day, huh?" Tucker stood beside him. "What happened?"

"Nothing that concerns you," he said.

"Your woman left you?" Tucker chuckled. "That's must suck, but I think it's for the best that why Skyla and the baby won't be a distraction for you. Now rest up, tomorrow we leave. And try to get along with Melissa."

Alton didn't say anything; he sat there thinking. He needs to get Skyla back; he can't stand being this far away from her. If he doesn't have her close, he'll lose control. Skyla is the only one that can keep him sane from losing his mind.

He has to get Skyla back even if it means attacking his clan.

Anton, that bastard, how could he do this to his brother. He won't forgive him ever, and he will suffer the consequences.