14: Branded

Anton screamed. "Ugh!" He threw a glass cup against the wall as Evelyn walked in.

"Hey," she frowned. "That almost hit me; why are you throwing things? And why are you half changed?"

Anton pulled Evelyn to him and held her tightly to calm down. "Sorry," he sniffed her, breathing in her scent. "I received another letter from Elvin, Alton is up to no good. He forced himself onto Skyla. And Alton said some terrible things that he better take back, or I swear I'll kill him, even if he is my brother."

"What?" Evelyn pulled away and grabbed the letter. Anton watched her read. "Oh my goodness, I'm sure Alton didn't mean to say those things. Or to hurt Skyla. It also says here he's going to help a hunter get revenge. What are you going to do about it?"

"I have to talk to my parents," he said. "About branding Alton as a rogue lycan, I don't want to, but I have too. We can't risk him exposing us any longer. His arrogance will get someone hurt or killed."

"Hey," she set the letter down. "I'll be here by your side; you're not alone, my love."

"Thanks," Anton kissed her. "I better go and get this over with."

"Let's go then," she smiled. "We are all family, and we have to decide this together. I know it'll be painful, but perhaps over time, Alton will realize what a mess he is and ask for help."

"Yeah," he smiled. "Come on."

Later that afternoon, Anton gathered his family and told them about Alton's situation. His mother didn't take it too well. "To brand Alton as a rogue lycan is too much for me," she said. "I don't know if I'll be able to handle it."

"Jocelyn, we don't have a choice," his father said. "We must do what's right, not just, for us, but the safety of our clan."

"But Arden," she sniffled. "Alton is our son, how can we brand him as a rogue?"

"Until Alton matures, we need to keep him away," Anton said. "Mother, it's for our safety. Also, I'm going to have Andre bring Skyla and the baby home. We can protect them here."

"Okay," she sniffled. "I guess it's for the best, but it'll be painful for me, at the end of the day, Alton is still my baby."

"I know, mother," Anton kissed her forehead. "I'll do my best to lessen the situation; perhaps this will teach him a lesson."

She nodded. "Okay."

Anton stood. "Than its settle, Alton is a rogue lycan; I want this to get known among our allies and the wolves."

"And werewolves?" Andre asked.

"They'll know," Anton said. "Somehow, the werewolves always know what's going on. Andre, I need you to depart and head over to Elvin's bring Skyla, Kristy, and the baby. And make sure Alton doesn't find out."

"I'm going alone?" He asked.

"No," he said. "Grace is going with you; it'll be as if you two are visiting."

"Yes!" Grace smiled. "What I'm happy because I'm going to meet my niece."

"Aww," Eliana huff. "That is so, not fair."

"Too bad," Grace smiled.

"Okay," Andre said.

"You'll leave as soon as possible," Anton said.

After the discussion, Anton laid in bed, thinking about where he went wrong with Alton. And what he could've had done differently?

"Hey," Evelyn climbed in bed with him and smiled. "What are you thinking?"