28 - I Get A Quest

;you;

I swung my sword at Jasper, a son of Hecate that I had just met that day. The sound of broze clashing echoed in the empty space around us.

The sun blazed my skin, tinting it pink. Sweat dripped from my forehead every other move I made.

I soon had Jasper pinned to the ground, his purplish eyes wide with fear that I would actually attack him.

I just let out a slight laugh and let him free from my grasp.

He stood up and ran his hand through his shaggy black hair that reached to his eyes.

"You're a good fighter. I've never seen anyone fight like you," he complemented.

I shrugged my shoulders, swiping my arm against my sweat covered forehead.

I heard clop-clop-clop and looked at the arena entrance.

"Chiron," I said.

He fixed his blank, green t-shirt, tugging it down a bit. "Y/n, you need to see the Oracle."

I cocked my eyebrow and put away Vine-yard. Chiron started walking away and I ran to catch up with him.

"What is this about?" I asked, walking beside him.

He kept his face strait and looked ahead at all times. "Ethan Nakamura. Child of Nemesis. He's planning an attack on camp from the beach. Poseidon is trying to throw him off course. We need you to go and stop him from attacking the camp."

I inhaled sharply.

--

I walked up to the attic. The shriveled Oracle sat there. She'd been described to me before but it was way off.

She looked like a hippy-mummy.

I walked up to her and said, "Hello?"

She opened her mouth and green fog poured out like water. It surrounded me. I was in a trance almost.

A voice whispered to me,

"Three Demigods of the minor olympians,

  Face a threat from the goddess of revenge.

  Crossing the sea with no information,

  A traveler, the only one with the knowledge cause the group to find the location.

  A last breath is forced out,

  Only two left to scream and shout."

  My eyes were wide with shock as the green fog vanished back into the Oracle's mouth.

  I walked backwards before bolting out of the attic.

--

  At the pavilion, Chiron waited for me.

  "Did you get in contact with the Oracle?" He asked, scratching his scruffy chin.

  I nodded.

  "Then, which two demigods will you choose to-"

  Cutting him off, two demigods crashed into me, sending me falling to the ground.

  Groans filled the room.

  "Well, I guess this is a sign that they're who you'll be going with."

  Thunder clapped in agreement.

  I sat up and looked in front of me to see Luke and Jordan scrambled on the floor, glaring daggers at eachother.

  "What's going on?" Luke asked.

  "You're accompanying Y/n on her quest to stop a threat."

  I put my head in my hands and sighed. I would have to deal with these two boys for a week, maybe even more.

  Jordan stood up. "Well, I guess we should start getting ready. We're heading off tomarrow. Need a hand, Y/n?"

  Jordan held out his hand in front of me and I took it. He pulled me up.

  Luke rolled his eyes and started leading us out of the pavilion.

--