04 - I Choose My Defense

;you;

After the horrible scene with Clarisse, Annabeth took a hold of us so Luke could train. Word of the bathroom incident spread immediately. Wherever we went, campers pointed at Percy and murmured something about toilet water.
Annabeth showed us a few more places: the metal shop (where kids were forging their own swords), the arts and crafts room (where satyrs were sandblasting a giant marble statue of a goat man), and the climbing wall, which dropped boulders, sprayed lava and clashed together if you didn't get to the top fast enough.
Finally we returned to the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins.
I stood next to Percy, mute, and listened to him and Annabeth talk.
"I've got training to do," Annabeth said flatly. "Dinner's at seven-thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall ."
Percy looked at me slightly but then back at Annabeth. "Annabeth, I'm sorry about the toilets."
"Whatever."
"It wasn't my fault."
I saw Luke looking towards us from behind Annabeth. His blue eyes trapped in mine before he called out my name.
"Y/N!" He yelled, nobody looking to him exept me and Percy.
He motioned me to come towards him.
"You need to talk to the Oracle," Annabeth said.
"Wh-"
I cut Percy off, "I'm going over to Luke, I'll see you guys later."
Annabeth looked like she was gonna face palm at any moment.

I ran over to Luke, dodging arrows and frisbees.
When I got to Luke he put his arm around my shoulder and guided me to a shed.
"What is this?" I asked.
He chuckled. "The grand shed of swords, knife, and bows with arrows."
I looked around.
"Choose one," Luke told me. "Chiron wants you to."
All the swords didn't look like anything that would fit me.
It a corner, covered with cobwebs, I pointed to a synth, one side of the blade silver and the other bronze. It had a brown, leather-wrapped handle.
I swatted away the cobwebs and held it in my hand. It felt steady in my hand and made my nerves calm.
I looked into Luke's eyes. "I like this one."
"Kópton," Luke said, "an Ancient synth, supposedly made on wine. It was settled in the River Styx for a long time until Zeus made Hades bring it to camp."
Luke then pressed a button by the bottom, then the button vanished.
"What did you do?"
"It's yours until you die now. If you switch it from your w/h (writing hand) to your n/w/h (not writing hand) it turns into a key so you can keep it at all times and it will always return to your n/w/h sleeve," Luke explained.
"It can be very powerful though," A voice spoke up.
When I looked behind me, I saw a centaur.
"This is Chiron, our activites director," Luke told me.
Chiron held the syth for a moment. "If it gets into the hands of someone other then you takes a hold in the synth for more than 30 seconds or tries turning it to a key without your blessing it returns to you as a key," Chiron told me.
"It's time for dinner!" Luke said, grabbing my arms and pulling me to Hermes cabin.

"Eleven, fall in!" Luke yelled.
The whole cabin, about twenty of us, filed into the common yards