12 - Captured

;you;

I stayed in the shadows as I watched Annabeth run over to Percy.

The bulls had been destroyed and the whole border patrol area looked like a battlefield. I weakened the first bull enough for them to kill it.

"The other bull?" Percy asked.

Annabeth pointed down the hill. Clarisse had taken care of Bad Cow Number Two. She impaled it through the back leg with a celestial bronze spear. Now with it's snout half gone and a huge gash in it's side, it was trying to run in slow motion, going in circles like some kind of merry-go-round animal.

Clarisse pulled off her helmet and marched off towards Percy and Annabeth. A strand of her stringy brown hair was smoldering, but she didn't seem to notice. "You-- ruin-- everything!" she yelled at Percy. "I had it under control!"

Percy was too stunned to answer. Annabeth grumbled, "Good to see you too, Clarisse."

"ARG!" Clarisse screamed. "Don't ever, EVER try saving me again!"

"Clarisse," Annabeth said, "you've got wounded campers."

That sobered her up. Even Clarisse cared about the soldiers under her command.

"I'll be back," she growled, then trudged off to assess the damage.

Percy stared at a new guy I didn't recognize. "You didn't di-"

Two brown haired twin boys rushed at Percy, Annabeth and the other guy.

"Conner, Travis, what are you guys doing here. We told you to calm down the camp," Annabeth said.

Conner looked at the group and Travis stood behind him. "Y/n's not dead. She's alive."

Percy's eyes widened. "The one that Luke tried to kill along with me! I let her die a while ago!"

"Wait, she went to come help you," Travis said.

Annabeth shook her head. "No sign of her. Are you sure you guys aren't hallucinating?"

"No!" The twins yelled in synch. "The whole camp saw her!"

Percy sat up. "How about we go see." Percy lead them into camp and I found a way to stick close by.

--

"I swear she was here!" One camper complained to my dad. It was dinner time and I was still in hide. They had been fight with my dad that I wasn't dead, but Dionysus blew them off and sat up, making an announcement that I was dead. Gone. Non-existent.

  I saw a kid at the Hermes' table look my way. He was an Asian-looking kid with hair down to his cheeks and one eye.

  I huffed and rushed away from the pavilion. I didn't want to be noticed. Of course that one guy was gonna come looking for me soon enough so I ran back to my secret hideaway.

  Luke's cave.

--

  "You're not dead."

  That was a statement, not a question. How could someone be so calm with a person that was supposedly dead?

  "How do you know this place?" I asked him stubbornly.

  "I'm Luke's spy. I'm supposed to find you and take you to him."

  "Why would I go back to him? He tried to murder me!"

  "Cause he knew you would be the gods' pawn. You're only a pawn to them. Do you have any FUCKING clue what pawns are meant for? They're meant for knocking shit down and then getting thrown away. If you come with me, you won't me a pawn to the gods. You'll be a queen to Kronos. Kronos will protect you and make sure you never get thrown away."

  "No."

  "I guess we'll have to do this the hard way then."

  "Wha-"

  I was hit in the head with something hard. Maybe a rock or the flat of a sword. Anyways, I was knocked down.

--

  I felt a sharp pain as I saw dim light filling the darkness around me.

  I was laying on a bed in camo sweatpants and a grey V-Neck shirt. I had no idea where I was and why there were two hell hounds guarding the door. But, then they barked and the door opened up.

  My blue eyed blondie stood there. I missed him so much but I didn't want to admit it. I refused to admit it cause I knew that the confession would make me a traitor.

  "Sleeping Beauty finally awakens!" Luke chuckled evily.

  The guy that knocked me out stood behind Luke. He stared deep into my soul like he was going to cut me into bits and peices if he had the chance.

  I backed up into the head board. I shivered, staring at Luke. The key to my synth was stuck into the pocket of my sweatpants fortunately.

  "I won't hurt you, Shorty. I just want to talk."

  Luke pointed out the door and the boy and dogs left. It was just me and Luke. Luke and me.

  He sat down in front of me. "I need your help. I need your convincing. I need you to convince me to stay away from Kronos. I won't be able to get my self out of this! You need to help me!"

  Luke clung onto my torso. He looked like a kid after they had a nightmare. Desperate. Sad. Scared.

  "I don't know if I can help you, Luke. You need to answer my question before I can help you."

  Luke nodded. "What?"

  "Why did you try to kill me?"

  The words seemed to linger in the air as Luke stared at me blankley. He had no answer. Or he did, he just couldn't find a way to say it.