05- We Capture The Flag

;you;

  Me and Percy settled in fine, both of us usually sticking together.
  Each morning, we took Ancient Greek from Annabeth, and we talked about the gods and goddesses in the present tense, which was kind of weird. We discovered Annabeth was right about our dyslexia: Ancient Greek wasn't that hard for us to read. At least, no harder then English. After a couple of mornings, we could stumble through a few lines of Homer without too much headache.
  The rest of the day, we'd rotate through outdoor activites. That was when I'd split from Percy. Luke would usually watch me from the shadows at this time. I could only see him.
  Chiron tried teaching me archery, but we found out pretty quick that I wasn't any good with a bow and arrow.
  Foot racing? Not good at all. Luke even came out and tried to help but it was no good. I tripped and fell in a pile of mud and sprained my ankle. The Apollo kids layed me down for a day and I was fine.
  Wrestling maybe? No, not at all. Clarisse eneded up apologizing every moment she tackled me, crushing my stomach everytime.
  The only thing I really excelled at was helping the Demeter kids grow plants, but Chirom knew that I had a mom, not a dad. He knew something though.
  Despite all that, I liked camp. I got used to the morning fog over the beach, the smell of hot strawberry feilds in the afternoon, even the weird noises of monsters in the woods at night. I would eat dinner with cabin eleven, scrape part of my meal into the fire, and say names of random male gods, hoping something would trigger.
  Me and Percy started to understand Luke's bitterness and how he seemed to resent his father, Hermes. So okay, maybe gods had important things to do. But couldn't they call once in a while, or thunder, or something? Dionysus could make Diet Coke appear out of thin air. Why couldn't my dad, who ever he was, make a phone appear?

  Thursday afternoon, three days after me and Percy had arrived at Camp Half-Blood, we had our first sword lesson. Every-body from cabin eleven gathered in the big circular arena, where Luke would be our instructor.
  But, Luke refused to train me in a group. He told me 'not now' and would make me go out and help Chiron with papers.

  After lessons, he called me to the arena.
  "Why are you training me alone?" I asked. He didn't respond though.

  Luke grabbed me by the arm, dragging me to a large cave, lit by f/c (favorite color) crystals.
  "This is one of my secret hideaways when the cabin gives me a headache. But now, it can be our secret hideaway." Luke winked placing his hands on my hips.
  I draped my arms around his neck. I was already on my tippy-toes trying to reach him.
  He leaned down, teasingly before putting a sword to my neck. "Don't let your opponents distract you. Watch their every move," He told me, smirking adorably.
  I growled, letting my arms pull away from him. I put my arm up my hoodie sleeve and pulled out the key super fast before it turned into a synth.
   Luke's sword swung against my synth blade. I grappled my synth against the side of his blade and knocked it out of his hand.
  Luke muttered a curse. I poked the flat top of my synth to his chest and smiled and laughed like a maniac.
  I switch my key to my opposite hand, stuffing it in my sleeve.
  Luke ran his fingers through my hair. "Good job. You're so cute when you're like that," he told me.
  I cocked my head, "Like what?" I asked.
  "Like a complete psychopath."

  Friday afternoon, I was sitting with Percy and a satyr named Grover at the lake, resting from a near-death experience on the climbing wall. Grover had scampered to the top like a mountain goat, but the lava had almost gotten Percy and me. Percy's shirt had smoking holes and mine was slowly crisping from the bottom before I put it out.
  We sat on the peir, watching naiads do underwater basket-weaving, until Percy had got up the nerve to ask Grover how his conversation with Mr. D had gone. I had no clue what they were talking about, so I went off to find Annabeth.

  I found her in the arena, talking to Luke. Her arms were crossed and her eyebrows slanted down, giving me the feeling she was slightly --- no, really angry.
  "I told you to stay away from her. You're gonna hurt her like you did to Lily!" Annabeth yelled.
  Luke rolled his eyes. "I didn't hurt Lily, she gave up on me, Annabeth. She started dating an Ares kid behind my bad so I broke up with her," He said, calmly.
  "Lily was forced to! I was trying to help Lily get away from him but you know Aphrodite's girls hate giving up love like it's nothing."
  "She would've told me she was forced to date him, not hide it. That's not how love works."
  "I swear to Zeus, Luke. If you hurt her, you will suffer from my wrath!" Then she came storming in my direction.
  I turned a corner to hide, but bumped into Clarisse.
  "Uhh..  Heyy Clarisse. W-What are you doing here?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't hurt me.
  "I was just trying to find you. Want to be on our team for capture the flag?" Clarisse asked with a sly grin.
  I shrugged. "I don't know if I can. Luke may have me on his team.."
  "Well, I guess I'll just have to go easy on you, Punk." She joked, punching my shoulder playfully before leaving me alone.
  Then, I heard Luke's loud voice, "Eleven, fall in!"

  That night after dinner, there was a lot more excitement than usual.
  At last, it was time for capture the flag.
  When the plates were cleared away, the conch horn sounded and we all stood at our tables.
  Campers yelled and cheered as Annabeth and two of her sibling ran into the pavilion carrying a silk banner. It was about ten feet long, glistening gray with a painting of a barn owl above an olive tree. From the opposite side of the pavilion, Clarisse and her buddies ran in with another banner, of identical size, but a gaudy red, painted with a bloody spear and a boar's head.
  Percy turned to Luke and yelled over the noise, "Those are the flags?"
  "Yeah."
  "Ares and Athena always lead the teams?"
  "Not always," Luke said, "But often."
  I couldn't pay attention to what they were saying after that but when I Luke sly look, I was scared to know.
  "--a temporary alliance---- Athena--- flag from Ares---- you guys---- help."
  The teams were announced. Athena had made an alliance with Apollo and Hermes, the two biggest cabins. Apparently, privileges had been traded---shower times, chore schedules, the best slots for activities---in order to win support.
  Ares had allied themselves with everybody else: Dionysus, Demeter, Aphrodite, and Hephaestus. From what I'd seen, Dionysus's kids were actually good athletes, but there were only two of them. Demeter's kids had the edge with nature skills and outdoor stuff, but they weren't very aggressive. Aphrodite's sons and daughters I wasn't too worried about. They mostly sat out of every activity and checked their reflections in the lake and did their hair and gossiped. Hephaestus's kids weren't pretty, and there were only four of them, but they were big and burly from working in the metal shop all day. They might be a problem. That, of course, left Ares's cabin: a dozen of the biggest, ugliest, meanest kids on Long Island, or anywhere else on the planet.
  Chiron hammered his hoof on the marble.
  "Heros!" he announced. "You know the rules. The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magic items are allowed. The banner must be prominently displayed, and have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged. No killing or maiming is allowed. I will serve as a referee and battlefeild medic. Arm yourselves!"
  He spread his hands, and the tables were suddenly covered with equipment: helmets, bronze swords, spears, oxhide sheilds coated in metal.
  "Whoa," Percy said. "We're really supposed to use these?"
  Luke looked at Percy as if he were crazy. "Unless you want to get skewered by your friends in cabin five. Here--- Chiron thought these would fit. You'll be on border patrol."
  Luke then handed me armor after talking to Percy. "You'll be with me, Princess."
  I blushed at the name but Percy wasn't paying attention, luckily.
  Annabeth yelled, "Blue team, forward!"
  We cheered and shook our swords and followed her down the path to the south woods. The red team yelled taunts at us as they headed off toward the north.
  I watched Percy run up to Annabeth and talk to her while I stayed by Luke.
  "You told me to stay with you," I said. "What do you need me to do?"
  Luke smirked. "I want you to stay next to me and look pretty, unless I need you to push through them with me."
  Luke's flirting seemed to never be heard by any other half-blood. But, I always heard and it felt like he knew I was falling for him whenever he spoke to me.

  Luke rushed, knocking down any enemy, forcing me to stand behind and look pretty like he told me to until a stray Ares kid grabbed me, dragging me into the forest.

  I was pulled into a small cave and pushed to the ground.
  "Hmmph!" I groaned when I hit the ground.
  The Ares kid pinned me down to the floor. "I'm better than Luke, why are you even staying with that slob?" He yelled.
  "W-What?" I stuttered. "What do you mean? I don't e-even know you."
  The Ares kid gripped my hair and kissed my neck.
  I tried to push him off but he wouldn't budge. "I-I don't even know your name! Get off of me!" I yelled.
  Then, I heard footsteps. Thank Zeus!
  "Blake! What do you think you're doing?" Annabeth's voice screamed.
  I squirmed and kicked at him before he was pulled off of me.
  I curled into a ball, crying loudly. Warm, big arms wrapped around me.
  "You're okay, Y/n. I've got you now. I won't let you go anymore," Luke muttered into my ear.
  I opened my eyes, still resting my head on Luke's shoulder.
  Chiron stood next to Annabeth and Percy while Clarisse held back one of her brothers.
  "Did we win?" I asked Luke. He nodded.
  Luke turned to Annabeth and picked me up bridal style. "Get an ice pack. He uh... well, you know. We may want to clear his mark."
  Clarisse roll her eyes at her brother and dragged him away.
  "I'm going see what happened with her, just go get her an ice pack," Luke shooed them away.
  They left us alone and Luke looked at my neck and growled. He brushed away the saliva and put his lips to my neck.
  He looked up to me. "Can I.."
  I nodded.
  Luke kissed my neck, covering up the Ares kid's mark. I Moaned quietly and Luke shushed me. He rubbed my hips lovingly.
  I pushed him away lightly and I cuddled into his chest as Annabeth walked in.
   She looked around my neck and put the ice pack on the hickey after finding it.
  "Percy's dad was figured out. Poseidon claimed him. I'm surprised Y/n hasn't been claimed yet," Annabeth told us.
  Luke had a crazy look in his eyes, hatred filling his pupils. His scar made his face scarier than you would expect.
  Annabeth took the ice pack off and handed it to me. "Keep that on your neck and Luke, let her sleep in your bed but if you put your hands on her you'll be sure to get it."
  Luke nodded and took me to cabin eleven where sleep lingered.