09 - Aphtodite Smites My Heart

;you;

  I layed awake, starring at the ceiling. Lights that looked like grape vines hung from the ceiling like icicles but green with purple buldbs mixed in a little.

  My 2 other cabin mates have been talking to me a lot after I was claimed. They told me they were hoping I would be claimed by Dionysus.

  Truth be told, I missed being in Luke's arms and I wish that he was allowed in my cabin to cuddle me all night like his personal teddy bear. He probably was doing the same thing as me tonight. Laying awake.

  It was 10 o'clock and Pollux was talking to Castor about girls and how some had good taste and some didin't.

  "You okay, Y/n? You look depressed." Castor said, his eyes on my sad expression.

  I sighed. "Is there a way that another camper can stay in someone else's cabin?"

  "You're leaving us already? I didn't think we were that bad," Pollux joked.

  "No, No. I jus-"

  "She misses her boyfriend Luke," Castor butted in.

  "He's n-not my boyfriend. I don't know what he is to me..."

  Pollux smirked. "Soo, a Hermes kid, huuh? You like bad boys, oooooh!"

  I shushed Pollux and the boys both laughed.

  "There are rules of course. 1) No Sex until you're a nineteen 2) If you get complaints from other cabin members, the person can't come back and of course 3) No staying up past cabin bedtime. Of course, our cabin is so small, that we follow none of those rules. We're not virgin, Pollux and I don't care about bedtime's and we complain to eachother but don't really care. So, you can bring whoever you want here, I just don't want my baby sister pregnant at 13."

  I blushed. "No, I didn't meant i-it like that!"

  Pollux snickered. Castor and him went on talking.

  I sighed and layed back. As the room went quiet, the last light shut off and I heard their quiet breathing. My brothers were almost asleep and I was wide awake, like I just had 10 pounds of caffeine going through my veins.

  When the stars filled the sky finally, I saw Luke in the sky. Dead. The stars spelled out, 'A shroud. A shroud for the son of Hermes'. I was surely hallucinating. Then, like a white board, the sky erased itself before gathering the stars to spell 'or'. Again the stars wiped away. Reappearing for the 3rd time, Luke was down on one knee in front of a girl that looked far from me. It said, 'Will you marry me'.

  'Choose' was the last thing spelled into the sky before I fell asleep.

--

  In the morning I heard a terrifying screech. I rushed out on the porch and watched a girl run out of the woods with scratched up clothes and tear stained cheeks. She then saw me. She started running my way.

  She hugged me and collapsed at my feet. I craddled her on the ground.

  "You're okay, calm down," I said keeping her close.

  Travis must've heard her scream because he ran out of cabin eleven to see what was going on. He had hearts in his eyes when he saw her.

  "What's your name?" I asked her.

  "K-Katie Gardner."

  Katie had chocolate brown hair and emerald green eyes. She was beautiful, even scratched up.

  (I don't know when she got to camp but Percy was gone for a dam long time so I decided to mess around woth the plot.)

  "Get some nectar ready. She may need it," I told him, carrying her to the infirmary.

--

  Travis did the job of getting her to drink the nectar. I didn't trust him but he had that twinkle in his eyes and managed to convince me.

  When I walked out of the Infirmary, I watched someone's back. A guy with blonde hair and a tall body slung his arm around a petite girl. Renee.

  When the boy turned to look at her, his side profile reminded me of someone. I had a feeling that me meeting him when he walked out of the Hermes' cabin was way too good to be true.

  Luke was smiling at Renee, pecking her lips, comforting her. I'm sure it was no potion. Nothing could make that be so.. so real.

  I bit my lip, holding in tears. My hopes and my dreams were somehow connected to Luke in everyway but I guess they all will have to fade away in the River Styx. Where broken dreams go. Where wishes that fly off into the air and immediately get crushed into the dirt go.

  I ran off into my cabin, ignoring the looks I got from the people that I bumped into occasionally.

--

  I had changed clothes and sat in my bed all day when Pollux and Castor stumbled into the cabin, sweating and panting with their faces scratched up.

  "I didn't know that they gave you an option to fight cats," I snickered.

  "I didn't know that they gave you an option to sit in the cabin all day," Castor commented.

  I groaned.

  "What's with the frown. It's like everytime we see you, you're down in the dumps. What happened with Luke this time?"

  Pollux punched Castor's shoulder. "Not cool man."

  "Luke has been ignoring me all day--"

  "Seems like what he always does, ignore people."

  "-- and I guess you can see for yourself." I pointed out one of the cabin windows where the couple sat, talking hand in hand.

  "Oh my," Pollux looked at me. "He'll pay!"

  I blushed and started waving my hands around in the air and shaking my head side to side. "Don't! Let them be! I just may need a while.."

  Castor crossed his arms looking at them. "That's not right dude. That kid played our sister and tore her heart right out her chest. That's not right at all!"

  "I'll be fine. I just need a while like I said. My love smitten heart needs a rest. I'll be myself in no time."

  That statement faded quickly.