07 - Luke Buys A Monster

;you;

  Chiron watched as me and Luke walked out of camp, spying on our odd friendship.

  As we passed through the invisible barrier that protected the camp, Luke's face looked more like stone. His scar looked more opened up, like he just got it recently.

  "If you're wondering about the scar.. well, it heals better when I'm arround Apollo kids. So, I'm guessing you're not close to Apollo," Luke joked. "You can heal a smile though." He admitted.

  I blushed cherry red. At least I didn't look like a cherry. Oh no, I did.

  Luke was smirking at my 'adorable face' as he would call it. "So first on our list of places to go," Luke said, pulling out a paper, "I get to take you to the mall."

  I groaned but he trapped me in a hug. "What are y-"

  "Hold on tight, Shorty. We're going on quite the ride," Luke told me.

  I wrapped my legs around his waist and hugged his neck, blushing madly.

  "Maia!" Luke yelled, smirking evily.

  We lifted off of the ground and into the air. For a moment Luke hesitated as he got higher. When we were up at a good height, he stopped a moment.

  Luke sighed. "Not another Poseidon spawn, thank the gods."

  I even sighed at relief. If Percy was my brother, I would never see Luke again after Percy figured out about Luke's plans consisting of Kronos and destroying Olympus.

  Luke kissed my nose and started flying off, comforting me just enough that I wouldn't think about falling out of his arms.

  "Can I ask you something, Luke?" I looked into Luke's crystal blue eyes. They were sparkling with focus and concentration.

  "Yes?"

  "When do you think I'll be claimed?"

  Luke looked at me for a moment. He didn't look satisfied with the answer he wanted to give me. "I have no idea, Y/n. You surely are not human, the barrier would've kept you out and Chiron told me he knew there was something about your scent that made you a half-blood. The gods have been, well, ignoring unclaimed half-bloods and even claimed half-bloods. They have been slow after the oath the Big Three promised."

  "What oath?" I asked.

  He started slowing down in the air. "The Big Three made an oath that they wouldn't have anymore children because they were way too powerful and dangerous. They sweared on the River Styx but the god known for drooling over beautiful women broke it first and Mr. 'I Make All Girls Wet No Pun Intended' broke it second. Now we're waiting for our presious Death Man to break it soon but he really doesn't seem in the mood to."

  I giggled at how sarcastic Luke could be. Why did I love everything about him?

  Finally, we stopped to a halt and Luke lowered down in front of a mall.

  "Maia." He whispered and the wings disappeared. I hopped off of him and walked beside his tall-arse.

--

  We walked into the mall and looked around. Hot Topic? Too goth. PINK? Too girly. Victoria's secret? Same thing as PINK basically. Zumiez.

  Luke obviously knew my thoughts because he guided us in here. "Skateboarding shop," he whispered.

  Luke would offer to buy me clothes of all different sorts but I refused. "I'd rather buy a camp hoodie," I would tell him.

  Luke anyways, spent his money on a black and white checkered skateboard for you and bought you VANS.

--

  Luke walked out of the mall with two bags in hand.

  Don't ask why Luke dragged me into PINK. I told him I had no love towards 'sexy' panties and bras. Luke convinced me to pick some out anyways. Not in that way though. He told me it's better than going commando. I smacked him there and then.

  'Maia' was said and we were off again.

--

  By the time an hour passed, Luke had bought me 5 hoodies, (all grey, cream, or black) 1 skateboard, a pair of shoes, uhhh, a bag of girl stuuf, and a necklace that had an infinity sign of it. Pure silver and diamond.

  Luke flew us to DQ, or Dairy Queen.

  (Dairy queen is a great ice cream place. I don't know how far around America they have it but if they don't have it where you are, feel free to change the name since this is the only time I'm giving it a name).

  "Two [favorite ice cream]s please," Luke told the guy at the counter.

  The guy nodded, took our money, and walked away.

  "He doesn't look like he has a good taste for this job," I said.

  Luke shrugged. "You think mortals like working. We're kinda lucky if you think about it. We only have to stab things, difficult or easy. They have to talk to rude and obnoxious people at least once everytime they work here."

  The guy came back and handed us out ice cream.

  I smiled at him and me and Luke walked out of the door.

--

  We stood in an alleyway. Pretty clean for New York.

  I was about to take a lick of my ice cream but Luke dropped his knocked mine out of my hands.

  He groaned at took out the sword I saw in the cave earlier today. I grabbed my key and it turned to Slasher.

  The ice cream turned into big cyclopes.

  "How is that.."

  Luke sliced one cyclopes but the other grabbed me by the waist and started running away from Luke until I heard a gurgle and I dropped to my knees.

  I felt my key return to my sleeve.

  "We're getting back to camp before more get here," Luke told me in a panick, his warm arms picking me up by my waist other than the wet cyclops ones.

  Why did he give me so much hope? He was with Kronos for Zeus knows why. No, Zeus didn't even know why. He would've stopped Luke by now.