11 - Cows O' Death

;you;

  He left me there to die. I was supposed to die but I layed there on the hard dirt. The scorpion was killed but Percy left me there and hurried off to tell Chiron about Luke.

  I could feel the poison burning through my veins. It was supposed to kill me months ago but I was in a deep slumber, not supposed to awake.

  The campers all thought I'd been dead but, they were wrong. They'd been moping for the whole winter.

  I opened my eyes slowly, taking in the bright sunshine that I had missed.

  Above me stood two teenagers. One was a girl with black hair and eyes that had a crescent moon shimmering in them. She had on a cream winter jacket, black jeans, cream boots, and a quiver and bow that hung on her back.

  Across from her was a boy with shaggy blonde hair and eyes with a sun them, warm and bright. He had almost blinding white teeth too. He wore a yellow and white campus jacket that had 'Sunshine' engraved into the top right side of it. He had on white jeans and yellow and white Nike shoes.

  "Who are you people?" I asked, starring dizzily at them.

  The boy looked at the girl. "You think we should tell her?"

  The girl nodded.

  "Well, we're Apollo and Artemis of course. We decided that our arguments on when she gets the sky longer can stop for a little while. We've been watching you for months, praying you were alive."

  "Lucky for my dumb brother here, he saved you but you still have poison in your veins. You won't die though. Me and Apollo are your protectors for a few years. We need you as safe as possible. You play a big part in the safety of the world. Zeus has his eye on you."

  The siblings then vanished into thin air, leaving me with yellow and white smoke, smelling of the dewy night and hot firewood.

  I sat up. I had on a parka like Artemis', big and marshmallow-y but dark purple. I had on my famous ripped jeans and dark purple boots. My hair was let down but surprisingly not messy.

  I stood up and looked around. I heard screaming. Loud clanking.

  I was grabbed by the waist and pulled back into someone.

  "You look even prettier and it hasn't been a year yet. How old are you again? 13, maybe 14?" The deep voice asked me, their hot breath clawing at my skin.

  "Get off of me! You abandoned me! I never want to see you again!"

  "But you'll have to. Your life isn't gonna be that simple and you know it."

  "I understand that," I spat.

  "Just join me, Y/n. You have nothing to lose. Everyone thinks you're dead already. Nobody came to search for you, Y/n, so the gods had to find you instead, so you wouldn't want to leave."

  His breath traced my jawline while his hands rubbed at my waist. I softly bit my lip.

  "Luke, let go. I obviously don't want to be with you. You hurt me!"

  Then, the hands around my waist vanished and the warm breath on my neck was replaced by the chilly winds. Luke had left me there like old times.

  "We'll meet again, Princess. I'm not letting go that easy." Luke chuckled from behind me but when I turned around, he was gone.

  "Good luck, Theif Boy. You don't have to let me go that easy because I'm not giving in that easy!" I gritted my teeth.

  Silence. I was talking to the air. Telling it I wouldn't give in.

  I stood back up and ran into the camp, looking around. Wide eyes and shocked faces were standing around. Then when one look hit me, many others did.

  "Y-Y/n! Percy need help at the borders!" Someone yelled. They looked at me like I was the hero they needed right now.

  I grabbed the key from my parka sleeve and it turned into a synth. Slasher.

  I ran as fast as I could. I ran like Annabeth had just gotten back. I ran like my life depended on it. I ran like Luke was waiting for me to give him a kiss. Wait.. no. Luke's bad. I can't love him anymore. You need to give up on him.

  I heard a loud huff, then moo. What? I ran into battle. Two bronze bulls breathing fire. Seems legit.

  I hit one of the bulls with the butt of my synth. "Over here, Buddy!" I yelled.

  As I said that, he turned and rushed at me. I quickly made a hand motion to the grass. And green strands started spewing from the ground, slipping carelessly around the bulls lower legs. I had him trapped. I knew being child of Dionysus wasn't that bad. We had special abilities. I just had more than that. I had the powers to grow vines.

--