Chapter 5 Nightmare

Soon after this, Izuku called his mom to tell her; he would stay with a friend. At first, she didn't want to say yes until Renato took the phone and convinced her.

Both grinned happily at this; now they could talk more. After the talk, Izuku told them as well his worries, which was the same. Both son and father glanced at each other a knowing looked. Both eyes had for a second a bright shade of orange, as well as yellow. Both made a promise never to hide anything from each other and to want to protect him.

They knew each other so well that they could talk without words. Both son and father had an understanding of each other. Maybe that's why he was getting attached to this green haired boy as well. He was like Tsuna, at first Reborn wasn't attached to this boy, but soon he was. Tsuna was someone who he held dear after the years.

So now it wasn't a surprise that both wanted to protect this precious boy. Izuku probably saw the glances his friend and father had done but said nothing about it.

It soon got late; both had eaten something small. Now they were bed ready, Cielo giving some of his sleeping clothes to Izuku, which he happily took. Now they were prepared to sleep, Izuku walking into the guest room his friend had.

It wasn't anything special - a bed in the middle, a wooden table with the same dark wood chair on the left side, clock in white and on the right a black wardrobe.

After saying their good night, all three slept rather well, that was until a particular green haired boy woke up. It was a nightmare, which he often had. It was mostly about his childhood friend humiliating him.

His breath shaky, sweat pearls are seen on his forehead and pale skin. Eyes dull, not showing the shimmer he had before. He seemed dead, or almost his eyes showed pain, anxiousness, and fear in it. A sigh came out of the child.

"Another nightmare...this time it was worse."

His lips in a thin line after mumbling that sentence. Should he go to his friend? Glancing at the white close and a shaky breath came out of his mouth. It was just 3 am; he didn't want to wake his friend up.

So he sat up, stretching himself. Maybe going out in the fresh air would help. So he stood up, each step carefully is chosen, not wanting to wake up the sleeping people in the apartment. The door slowly crept open; it was silent; the door closed silently behind him.

He walked now up to the living room, straight to his target, the balcony. Opening it up, and walking out instantly closing it. Green hair ruffled by the soft wind. It wasn't cold, as it just was beginning to get summer. Izuku walked up to a hammock. It was in bright orange color, the same one he knew from when Cielo had used his quirk. And a yellow like the sun. Izuku pushed himself up and just looking up and starry sky.

The stars pretty, each shining. His eyes just stared blankly at it. His heart pained thinking about that nightmare. Izuku felt numb, a feeling he felt many times before. He never had anyone, other than his mother. His father was never present. Sometimes the loneliness was too much like right now.

It wasn't that he knew he wasn't alone, no he had now a friend. Still, right now, he felt that pain in his heart. Oh, how he wished the people would accept him, would stop calling him quirkless, useless - someone who couldn't do anything. A sigh escaped out of his mouth. This wasn't helping with his anxiety.

It didn't take long until he was nodding off again. The chirping of the insects and the soft wind was making him feel relaxed; soon, he nodded off again...
---------------------------------------------------------

Eyes slowly open, showing brown almost black eye color. The same was said about hair color. The untamable spikey hair looked messier than usual. His HI told him something that something woke him up in an ungodly hour 5 am.

He wasn't sure why, but he let his body slip out of the blanket. He was walking now out if the room, moving to where his instincts told him to go. His sleepiness is slowly dissolving, being awake now he wondered why his HI was telling him to go to the balcony.

A sigh escaped out of his mouth as he opened the door up. What he found made Cielo instantly worry. Why was his friend outside? Thin line, making his way up seeing his friend snoring softly. It was apparent to him that his friend had a nightmare. His instinct gave a tug, which meant yes.

His worry stayed something felt off...he was feeling something. The friend's posture was too tense. His eyes glanced around, finding his father figure now on the door.

"So, what happened?"

He blinked at him in confusion until he noticed that his sky flames had sent a distress signal to his father, without him knowing him.

"I uh..."

The latter looked around and finding the reason for the distress signal. It made his father have an amusing glint.

"Ah, now I see. Why not wake him up when your that worried about him?"

He blinked that came not into his mind. His father shook his head in amusement. The green haired boy woke up, rubbing his sleepy eyes and looking around. Almost black eyes met green dull, that was until they had eye contact. The dulled eyes turned into sparkly. The expression changed into a huge smile. Still, Cielo was worried, it wasn't like he hadn't noticed the dull eyes.

"Morning Cielo-nii~."

His voice was cheery so that Cielo didn't want to ask.

"Morning Tsu-chan."

He gave a soft smile ruffling through the green hair. The other boy had a slight pink shade on his cheek, yet his smile stayed happy.

Renato watched both interactions. He noticed how the boy looked before. This will take a while, but he was sure that both would go through it.
---------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter made, the next one will be a time skip. I hope you enjoyed it, don't forget to vote. Ja ne~