Ghost House

She didn't call out for anyone as she walked back in to her abandoned house, she knew the only reply would be her echoes.

She thought about what the officer had said about her hair, it went red when she was angry, brown when she was at a normal feeling and a dishwater, strawberry blonde when she was sad. Maybe she did actually have hair that changed colour with her basic moods? Was that all the magic she had in her?

"Enough nonsense about that silly thing," she imagined her mother saying, "it doesn't matter anymore."

And so she did just that.

She packed a medium sized suitcase as it would take all she needed and would still fit in her brand new treehouse.

Her list included;

All the money she could find

The poem book

Her book, the icicle illuminarium

Her parents favourite books

Her favourite clothes

Hair curlers ( she had an idea for those)

Brush, comb, toothbrush etc.

She would come back now and then for any thing else she needed.

Looping the house key, mums locket and papa hunting knife on a strap of leather, then tying its round her neck, she left the civilised house and pulled her suitcase to her very own make shift living quarters.

The house was like a mini ghost town with out her whiny but loving brother, beautiful, funny, brave, living mother and joking, happy, lively father.

When she got her suitcase up the rope ladder she found her self eye level with a young barn owl which was sick looking( if that's possible) and inured.

"Clara-belle is your name," she stated after nursing it a little and making it a small moss nesting area. The owl looked up startled to hear her voice but cooed in answer.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hiya peps

I love owls

I want to be an ornithologist on a sheep farm when I'm a parent.

QUESTION!!!!!

What is your dream job?

Sorry it's so short!!!!

Follow
Vote
And
Comment

See ya soon

Live a little

Love ya

Emmaberry123

P.S. The book I mentioned was an awesome paper book that I've read recently by N.J. Gemmell.

I think it is 2nd in the series but it works by itself without the other books.

Although I really want to read the others.

Bye-bye

P.P.S. the pic is her with the changing colour hair.

Except the one with an older girl in a cloak. That will be her at the end of the story (except in the story she'll be younger).