The First Accusation

Margaret Mary-Anne Elizabeth Jennifer Jones was looking for coconuts when a scream sounded in the beach shack in the late afternoon. Bertie was shrieking at......

a bug, a tiny, minuscule thing called a pantry moth.

"Oh, shut it you, it's nothing to be scared of," scolded Margaret, his seven year old sister, bustling into the house . Shaking her head at the two year old, she explained that there was nothing scary about it at all, adding the usual' "it's more scared of you".

A police officer came and knocked on the door. Knowing it was safe because her parents were home she opened the door without expecting what was going to happen next.

" Is your father Killian Jones," the officer asked. Remembering her manners she replied,

"yes sir."

"Is he home now?"

"Yes," she answered a bit more unsure of all these questions.

"Could I speak to him?"

"I will see," she replied smoothly, not hinting at the fear of her fathers life. Although she knew little she knew that people wanted her father dead.

"Papa, there is an officer at the door for you," she called into the backyard that looked on to the white sanded beach.

Killian got up slowly knowing he would have to go now.

"Morning sir," he said when he arrived at the door.

"Good morning, we found your wallet in the coat of a recently caught pickpocket," the officer said in return, while exchanging a wallet. Seeing that the wallet was not his and the man wasn't an officer he slowly checked the wallet before handing it back saying,

"I'm not the only Killian around and one was pick pocketed and it wasn't me."

"Is this not yours?"

"No there is a bit too much money in there to be mine." Looking quite red in the face the 'officer' left, muttering under his breath,

"Tommy Crutch you need to try harder if your going to catch him red handed !"