Chapter Eighty-Eight

"Hey, Y/N, where'd my shirt go?"

James was rummaging through his large wardrobe, searching for his favorite shirt to wear under his regular robes, but wasn't having much luck. Cursing silently to himself, he strolled out of the room and hollered for his wife, the first thing he thought of.

Y/N, who had been downstairs helping get breakfast ready, closed her eyes tightly when she heard James' annoyingly nagging voice from upstairs, and let out a heavy sigh. She loved James, for sure, but he was very irritating at times.

"I don't have the slightest clue, James!" she called back.

"But you're supposed to know! Women are supposed to know these things."

Y/N's natural hotheaded temper flared up. "What do you mean women are supposed to know these things? Is this world so prejudiced that women and men have specific things they have to do in this world?"

"Ooh, busted, Prongs," muttered Sirius, passing the H/C.

"You shut it, Black!"

"Prongs, go handle your wife there, she's going insane! Next time, don't make sexist remarks! Gee, Flower, there's no need to yell at innocent passersby who simply make a small comment upon your exclamations."

Y/N blinked at Sirius' amazing use of "challenging" vocabulary and instantly felt guilty for yelling at him. After all, it was James whom she was really impatient with.

"You're right, I'm sorry, Sirius."

James came trampling down the stairs, shirtless. He gave a grumbling greeting to everyone and sat down at the table. He grabbed a few rolls from the center and buttered it, ignoring his wife completely.

"It's indecent to be eating half-naked, James Potter," censored Y/N. "Go put on a shirt now, and your robes."

"Oh, I'm quite sorry, but if I'm not mistaken, I couldn't find my shirt and asked you if you knew where it was."

"Well, I would have told you if you hadn't made that comment about women."

"Don't take everything so seriously, N/N I wasn't serious."

"You're right, you were James," piped up Sirius from the sink.

Both Potters blatantly ignored that comment.

"It's your fault, so go find another shirt," said Y/N pragmatically. "What's so special about this particular shirt?"

"'Cause it's my favorite."

"Idiot. Go find another one."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"NO."

"YES."

"NO!"