Chapter Thirty

"Er—hi, Sirius," said Arabella nervously, as she flinched continuously when Sirius placed an arm around another girl's waist

"Hey, Bells." His eyes brightened at the sight of her, but frowned slightly as he saw she had no accompaniment. "I see you don't have Kevin with you today."

"Oh, he's a worthless person, I found out that he's an idiot who—"

"Did you just say Kevin Patil is free?" asked the blonde cuddling next to Sirius. Arabella nodded, secretly disgusted at her.

"Oh, well what am I waiting for? Sorry, Sirius, it was a nice relationship we had, but I am so getting Kev before any other girl." She raced off to the staircase.

Sirius sighed hopelessly. "Another girl gone. Soon I'll be going through Violet and Y/N if I have to, to find the right girl for me." He laughed bitterly.

"Sirius, you're way too young for such nonsense, try concentrating on your studies. We have exams in a couple more weeks!"

"Bells, you're turning to be just like Y/N." He grinned.

Arabella blushed. "Is this a compliment—or a threat?"

Sirius put on a puppy face. "Now, why would it be a threat?"

She shrugged. "Don't know."

"Is Y/Nand James together?"

"Not on your life, bud."

"Darn." Arabella laughed.

"I told you, they'd be together by maybe sixth or seventh year." She grinned at Sirius' horrified face.

"I'm not waiting for three to five more years, I want them together now!" He pouted.

Bella shrugged. "You can't get everything in life."

"I know, but I should."

"Well, I should, too, then."

"Fine, what do you want in life?"

Arabella shrugged again. "It's my business and not anyone else's."

"C'mon, Bella, you have to tell me!" Arabella shook her head.

"No, I can't. Really, Sirius, it's too personal."

"But—"

"No." With that, Arabella walked off to where Y/N and James were arguing (again), and plopped into a chair next to James.

"Hey."

James looked up and grinned. "Hey, Bells. How'd it go?"

"Awful. Sirius tried to get me to tell him what I wanted most in life, and I couldn't tell him that."

"Why not?" He furrowed his brow.

"Why"—she looked at him in surprise—"I want him more than anything else in life right now, and that's the one thing that I can't get."