Chapter Seventeen

"I saw you with him, Y/N!" cried Arabella with relish, as they headed off to Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Wickham

"I saw you with him, Y/N!" cried Arabella with relish, as they headed off to Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Wickham. "You two were holding hands!"

"For about three seconds!" retorted Y/N. She was fed up with all the talk of her and James as a couple. Surely she knew they would get married later, but she didn't like him just now, especially with Bella never letting her live up to this.

"Bells, leave n/n alone," said Jennifer, yawning widely. "Who cares if she and James Potter were holding hands. They're going to get married anyway after Hogwarts."

"Thank you, Jen, I've been waiting for Bella here to understand that. Now, Bells, will you now leave me alone?"

"Let me think about that—no."

"I hope Potter is suffering just as much as I am from Sirius," muttered Y/N gloomily, as she sat at her usual table for class. She adored Professor Wickham: he was a young wizard in his mid-thirties who was always enthusiastic about teaching them to fight the Dark Arts and the many curses. Most fortunately for the young Gryffindors that they didn't take a double class with another House; they wanted Professor Wickham all to themselves.

"Y/N! So kind of you to join us!" Professor Wickham winked as she sat down. Y/N looked at him, confused for a moment, but then realized that she had been yelling at Arabella for a full three minutes.

"Oh—sorry about that, Professor," Y/N mumbled.

Professor Wickham grinned. "Ah...young love. In this case, very young love." He knew of young Y/N and James' destiny for each other. "So young to cope with such responsibility! "He also knew of the two's hatred for each other, but every day, he'd see James Potter glancing at Y/N with a dreamy expression.

"Mr. Potter, if you would be so kind as to pay a bit more attention to these curses I'm about to explain here," he patiently said, interrupting James' daydream for the fifth time that day. "If I may have a word with you after class."

Remus was glaring at James. Defense Against the Dark Arts was his favorite class and he took notes very dutifully every single class, even if it was boring. He felt it very insulting that James barely paid attention to such fascinating curses, but quickly hastened himself to his notes again, grinning, as he saw James glance toward Y/N again.

Sirius, obviously, watched this all with an eagle eye, and gave a thumbs-up to James when Wickham had interrupted his little daydream. He personally thought that Y/N and James were so over each other, but wouldn't admit it. He also thought that they were both as stubborn as mules.

Y/N, who was always a good student, flushed whenever Professor Wickham said James' name. She did not look over towards his way, but always ended up in some sort of dazed dream whenever she stared at the notes in the book that she was supposed to be copying. It happened quite often in every class except for Charms and Potions; Charms was her favorite class and because it was likely to get all the points from Gryffindor taken off if she didn't pay attention in Potions.