Chapter Fourty-Three

"Five points from Gryffindor, L/N," snapped Hurst, as they sat down for their usual Monday afternoon Potions class

"Why?" asked Y/N, alarmed.

"You were being such a insufferable know-it-all again. Maybe you'd allow someone like Mr. Snape to answer these questions, instead of showing off yourself."

The Slytherins sniggered, and the Gryffindors shot Y/N extremely sympathetic looks.

"That stupid Hurst," muttered Sirius. "Making Y/N feel bad like that in front of all those Slytherins..."

"Well, now L/N knows that she really does show off," said James snottily.

Sirius looked around at him in surprise. "Y/N doesn't show off. She just knows the answer to the questions Hurst asks us."

"But she waves her arm around like it's a choice between life and death."

"I think that may be a bit drastic, James," said Remus, amused.

"Is there something you'd like to share with us, Potter? Black? Lupin?"

The three Marauders sat straight up and made innocent faces. "Of course not, Professor."

Hurst sneered, but said nothing. "Detention. All three of you."

"What?" demanded Sirius in horror. "We did do anything!"

"Ha! A likely story, Black. Detention, eight o'clock tonight, my office. You're going to be organizing some of my materials..."

James groaned inwardly. Being in Hurst's office right after dinner and cleaning and organizing his ingredients was not the best way to spend a Monday night. For all he knew, they could have been marauding around the school again under his Invisibility Cloak.

Y/N smirked. Shows Potter right, taking in class.

"Is there something very amusing, L/N?" snapped Hurst suddenly, stopping his lecture on Confusing Concoctions.

She was startled and ignored the snickering from the Slytherins and James. "Not at all, Professor Hurst," she said innocently.

"L/N, you will be joining Potter, Black, and Lupin in detention tonight."

"What! You—you can't do that!" cried Y/N. She had maintained a spotless record so far without an absent, tardy, or detention mark. It was all Potter's fault.

"Indeed, I can, Ms. L/N," said Hurst with a sinister smile. The Slytherins were now positively roaring with delight. Four Gryffindors in one detention! Brilliant Hurst!

Y/N was fuming by the end of class and ran to Defense Against the Dark Arts, nearly running down first and second years who were going to Herbology and Transfiguration.

"Sorry," she mumbled, as she knocked down a third year.

"Hey, Y/N, wait up!" called Sirius, dragging James and Remus along with him. "Gosh, that girl can run fast—"