Chapter Seventy-One

"I love you, Y/N

"I love you, Y/N."

Those words changed Y/N's whole perspective of James Henry Potter. She used to think of him as an arrogant prat whose head was so big that she was surprised he could still go up on a broomstick. But James, unfortunately, acquired an enormous crush on her in their fifth year together, which proceeded, eventually, into love. And Y/N hated love.

Y/N was what people called independent. She didn't need anyone else, much less a man, to help her stand on her own two feet. She had always insisted to both family and friends that she didn't need anyone beside herself. She made a vow to herself to never give her heart to any man, no matter how tempting, because it made her vulnerable. And Y/N definitely hated being vulnerable, especially to heartbreak and rejection.

However, she found herself falling hard and fast for the great almighty James Potter. Could anything be worse?

She wished that they could go back to the times where they hated each other. Where they both shouted insults and curses at each other and had quite a few numbers of spats from the common room to the corridors.

But Y/N had to admit that James had changed for her, and she found her heart slowly giving in to his so-called "Potter charm". Why had she fallen? James took girls' hearts, but he discarded them all away, except for Y/N's. Oh no, he wanted Y/N's heart, and badly. However, it was different this time. It wasn't just another fling; it was true love.

All her life, Y/N had fought against love and vulnerability, but now, entering her seventh and final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she fell harder and faster than any other bubbly girl at school, and it made her depressed. She admitted that she was in love with James, but she didn't want him to know. He'd probably shower her with love and gifts, find another girl who was ten times prettier than she, and then dump her without a blink of an eye. But somehow, she knew this time it was sincere. James was no hypocrite, as much as he was conceited and egotistical. Deep in her heart, Y/N knew that James would never hurt her. But you'd never know, right?

So Y/N had decided to consult her three best friends: Arabella Figg, Jennifer Dean, and Violet Walker. And all three had told her the same thing: stop worrying so much and have the boy already.

As serious as the situation was, Y/N had to laugh at their replies. They could always make her life no matter what.

"Y/N!" cried Mrs. L/N, shuffling near the entrance hall. "Y/N, come down! We sup this very second!"

"Yes, Mum!" replied Y/N, walking out of her room.

"What were you thinking about?" her mother returned slyly.

"Nothing," lied Y/N, a flush creeping up to her cheeks. "Why would you think something's up?"

"You wouldn't happen to be thinking about James Potter, now, would you?" said Mrs. L/N, ignoring her daughter's protests.