Chapter Fifty-One

"Hey, Wormtail, get Moony for me

"Hey, Wormtail, get Moony for me." Sirius said with a sigh, he looked more stressed than usual and James had a feeling it had to do a lot more with Arabella than the oncoming Full Moon.

Peter nudged Remus, who was sitting there next to him, absorbed in his Divination reading.

"Moony?"

"Yes?"

"Padfoot wants you."

Remus looked over at Sirius. "Yes, Padfoot?"

"The full moon's in two weeks."

"Don't think I didn't notice, Padfoot. What's your point?"

"The point is, we get to try it out for the first time! It'll be so cool, you being a you-know-what, and then us being—er—you-know-what, and we can rule the school grounds!"

Remus smiled. "And discover new secret passageways."

"There we go, Moony. I knew you were a prankster at heart!"

"Oh, what are you guys planning now?" said Jennifer, sighing. "Really, if you can just leave Snape alone, he isn't too bad, for a Slytherin at least..."

"Jen," said Sirius sternly, "first of all, we're not plotting against Snape again, as disbelieving as it may sound. Secondly, you are a mad woman, saying that Snape isn't bad for a Slytherin. All Slytherins are bad, if you know what I mean."

"Don't contradict my girl, Padfoot," warned Remus threateningly.

"Whatever, Moony. Anyway—Prongsies? What's wrong? You look—fazed."

James rolled his eyes and sighed. "Seriously, Padfoot, what's with the 'sies' suffixes all the time? And when did you learn such a hard word like 'fazed'?"

"Aww...I know you're just joshing, Prongs. Oh, and I think Prongsies is a cute name, don't you think, stag-boy?"

Remus choked and jabbed Sirius sharply with his arm.

"Ow! What the heck was that for, Remus?"

"Ooh, careful there, Moony, Padfoot's using real names...that means trouble." James smirked.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind, Prongs, when we're all sent to Azkaban, thanks to the ingenious Mr. Padfoot. Or, at least, you three will be. I'll be visiting often, however. I'll attend Padfoot's funeral as well, and say very nice words about him."

"I'm sure you will, Moony."

"Hey, I'm here, you know!" said Sirius, annoyed.

"Who are you?" asked James innocently.

"Prongs!"

"Prongs? Since when did you know my little nickname? Only my best friends, Remus and Peter, know it. Who are you?"