Chapter Sixty-Six

"Where were you guys?" said Jennifer, raising an eyebrow, as they entered Gryffindor Tower

"Where were you guys?" said Jennifer, raising an eyebrow, as they entered Gryffindor Tower. "We thought you were hexing Snape again."

"Hurst," was the only reply.

Arabella sighed. "What did he say, James?"

"The git insulted my dad, he did! Can you believe the nerve of him? Why, I ought to—"

"Don't do anything rash," warned Y/N.

"I won't," reassured James, smiling slightly now. "It's just, can you believe the nerve of Hurst? He's just angry that Mum never liked him, and he was jealous of Dad at school."

"Sounds like the relationship between you and Snape."

Sirius grinned. "Though you have to admit, Prongsies, that if we didn't pick on Snivelly half the time at Hogwarts, we'd have never gone this far."

"Yeah, but now Snivellus hates Harry. Everything has a bad ending to it, I say."

"Never knew you were so thoughtful, Potter," commented Y/N.

"I never was," returned James, "until you."

"L/N? What's wrong?" James peered at Y/N's tear-stained face closely.

"I had a dream," she whispered. "And...you were captured by Death Eaters and almost killed! Oh, James, it was awful!"

They were both sitting in the Gryffindor common room. It was approximately around four o'clock in the morning, and both sixteen-year-olds were feeling particularly tired and cross.

"I had a dream as well," said James quietly. "You and Harry were attacked by Death Eaters at some place called Godric's Hollow."

"Godric's Hollow?" repeated Y/N. "That's where Godric Gryffindor used to live. It was named after him after he died."

"It's a good hiding spot as well," he said.

"Hiding spot?"

"You know, if you're in danger and need to go into hiding. It's saved millions of lives during Grindelwald's rise in power."

"And I thought you hated History of Magic," said Y/N dryly.

"Oh, I do," affirmed James. "But I find that Godric's Hollow is a very interesting place, even though it holds bad memories of the past."

"That was more sentimental than I give credit to you for, Potter."

James grinned wickedly. "I can be a hopeless romantic if I want, L/N."

"Oh, I'm sure."

"You'd better be." Then he frowned. "Are you sure you're all right?"

"I'm fine, James," sighed Y/N impatiently.

"Oh, you must be, then, since you called me by my birth name."

"Then you shall have to return the favor, Potter. After all, I do have a give name besides 'L/N."