Chapter Eleven

It was just another day in Gryffindor Tower with Y/n L/n and James Potter screaming the House down

It was just another day in Gryffindor Tower with Y/n L/n and James Potter screaming the House down. Their friends sighed, knowing that there was no way they'd get together—even as friends.

"When do you think they'll become friends?"

"Never, I expect."

"For some reason, I can imagine them both being Head Boy and Girl."

"Funny really—that is imaginable."

The six friends were huddled together in a plot to get y/n and James as friends. Arabella, who knew Y/n all too well, and Sirius, who knew James all too well, said that it was impossible.

"They'll get along in their fourth or fifth year," said Arabella lazily, yawning. "Our Y/n is too stubborn. She's one flower that's not iris-like and pure – at least most of the time."

Meanwhile, Y/n and James were on the other side of the common room, screaming at each other as usual.

"If you didn't dye my hair blue, then I wouldn't have poured black ink on your Transfiguration homework! Besides, you should be grateful it was a subject you're decent at; if it was Charms, then you'd take all night to re-do it!"

"Why can't you be like the other girls?" shot back James. "Then you wouldn't want revenge from me all the time!"

"Because I don't want to be 'another flower of the valley'!" shouted Y/n. "Do you want me to be someone like Deanna?"

"Good point," muttered Sirius from the armchair.

"I HEARD THAT SIRIUS BLACK!" yelled James, who suddenly cast his attention on his best friend.

Arabella tutted loudly. "And to think he could hear with all that commotion he's making."

"I'M WARNING YOU FIGG! ONE MORE WORD AND I'LL..."

They heard Y/n giggle. "Come on, Potter, you're scaring the common room." She nudged her head to a group of frightened-looking first years and a pair of harassed-looking sixth years.

"Hush L/n," snapped James.

"Ooh, touchy."

"Shut it, L/n," repeated James, growling.

"Would you tackle a girl?" asked Y/n sweetly, batting her eyelashes at James.

"If it was someone like you, yes."

"That hurts."

"Good."

"Would you really hurt a lady?" asked Y/n, pouting. Boys around the common room were staring at Y/N intensely.

"Stop staring!" hissed Arabella, waving her arm around the common room.

"And if you think my Bella's pretty, she's already taken," added Sirius.